Super Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka February 2014 visit - what are you getting/interested in?... :)

I have enjoyed all the shows. This is an enjoyable post. I bought the wrap watch in tan/natural and the TSV in sterling. I used the EPs. I always love to watch no matter who hosts, really. Some of the callers have been fun this visit. Judith is so nice to listen to her describe her designs. I got out the book and the TSV story is also in the book.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka February 2014 visit - what are you getting/interested in?... :)

These shows have contained MANY high priced items, especially for QVC. I cannot afford them. Sad. Even simple chains are nearly $300.

Honored Contributor

I got a single wrap watch and not seeing much that interests me. Prices aside, I'm just not seeing much. Then, when you add the price to the mix, well, like I said, just that single wrap watch for me this time...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

What happened to the evil eye bracelet they were going to have? Did it ever get shown?

Super Contributor

To me, this has been one of her best shows in a long time...I love the TSV concept, and I have purchased a number of things that spoke to me. That said, I have purchased very little this past year, so I'm making up for lost time. Love that she has brought us a nice mix of dmq and non dmq

Contributor

On 2/2/2014 kjae said:

These shows have contained MANY high priced items, especially for QVC. I cannot afford them. Sad. Even simple chains are nearly $300.

I agree. I was hoping for a great half time OTO, but the OTO necklace was more than $300 too. I did get my blue wrap watch on easy pay and that is it for me.

Contributor

I can't believe it, I just found my signature DMQ heart ring in a corner of my jewelry box! This is the original TSV that was a low price of something like $35. Tried to cancel the one I just ordered last night but it is already in the process of shipping. (Wen I ordered several days ago is still in process but figures this ring is ready to ship in a few hours.) Crazy that I resisted reordering until now and found it less than 24 hours after the reorder! Maybe I should keep the new one as a back up!

Valued Contributor

Ripkanistas: after getting back from an outing with DH, my attention was totally taken away from this wonderful day with Judith, due to the terrible and sad news of fantastic actor Philip Seymour Hoffman's unexpected passing. So young at 46, with so many great roles ahead of him and to leave his mate of 15 years and three children under the age of 10... incredibly sad. Addiction blows! He was one of my favorites, a regular guy, with more talent than half of Hollywood combined. Just cannot help thinking that it is the dealers who should be punished. Life can be so unfair. Many, many terrible people running around harming the world and instead we lose one of the sensitive ones who gave so much to the arts. ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 2/2/2014 littleone2 said:

Hi LuckyPeach and fellow Ripkanistas, it is great to see you again. It has been brutally cold and snowy this winter in Minnesota. My doggies still get me outside for a couple of miles of walking a day, but it isn't the pleasurable experience it usually is. I am glad to hear that things may be resolving in your life, Lucky Peach. Those status necklaces are awesome and such a value.

I loved the rhodolite heart necklace, but it is outside the budget right now. I'm starting to cave on the silver TSV but in the back of my mind I keep wondering if it will be a OTO in a show a few months from now as it doesn't seem to be selling quickly (I think the last I saw 3,200 or so had been sold). It looks like such a versatile piece......decisions.....decisions.....

Enjoy the shows!

Littleone2~How on Earth did I miss that you are in Minnesota? Brain fog, maybe. DH is from there, outside of Minneapolis and we were last there in March/April. We made a pitstop to Duluth, too. I'm very aware of how much snow you all are having and am still impressed that you are making a two mile walk with the dogs! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} WOW!

Thanks for the kind words--no one hopes more than me to get some justice! I don't want what happened to us to happen to others and if we can at least stop it in our town, then that's a start. A few days ago in another town near LA, some guy was having issues and walking down the street swinging a hockey stick. The solution would be to have two guys come from behind and take it away and subdue him, right? Nope, several officers stood a few feet in front of him and shot him to death. Fortunately, witnesses filmed the whole thing with their cellphones.

I hear you on the Rhodolite heart necklace. The prices just keep killing me! I think you may just be right about the silver TSV being an OTO in a few months. What did you finally decide? I kept thinking the same thing but went for the gold. I wish JR would offer it in grey pearls. That would've been a no-brainer for me.

How are you and DH feeling? Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 2/2/2014 newjersey said: Hello. I purchased the b. Bixby bee/skull ring and Judith's new citrine ring.

NewJersey, hello! That's the coolest Bixby ring! Which ring is the new Citrine one of Judith's? I want to check it out.... Take care~Peach