Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka February 2014 visit - what are you getting/interested in?... :)

On 2/3/2014 mskringle said:

Peach - I hope things calm down on your end, that things work out, and that you have peace. I'm sorry to hear it's been a rough time for you too. Hugs to you.

Just catching up here, so much going on and for the next couple weeks as well...

{{{MsKringle}}} back to you!

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka February 2014 visit - what are you getting/interested in?... :)

On 2/3/2014 PpprMintPatty said:
On 2/2/2014 LuckyPeach said:
On 2/2/2014 PpprMintPatty said:
On 2/2/2014 PpprMintPatty said:

Hi LP!

I picked up some MD's pieces so far and the JR rhodolite heart bracelet but it's on WL.

Anyone remember the smaller cuff that came with rhodolite or citrine hearts? I think this new bracelet will look wonderful with that one.

I'm waiting for a bracelet and necklace that GF posted but was poofed. Hoping they're the OTO's tonight but I doubt it.

{{Patty/Danny!}}~~Congrats on the Dawkins and Judith's Rhodolite heart bracelet (on W/L)! Yes, I do remember that cuff and ITA that it'll look nice with it.

How are you doing? Hope all is well. Take care~Peach

Hi LP! Sorry you have to miss the shows! Lisa R posted the bracelet I want on her fb page, she's wearing it on her wrist.

I ordered the ice cube bracelet too...finally!

I sure hope the that bracelet and necklace I want are the OTO's!!!!! I think they'll still be high but these will probably be my last big jewelry purchases for 2014 with a big move coming up.

Always costs a lot to move and set up a new place. Plus we're going to be spending June in Newport RI so I need to save my pennies for that!

Danny, thanks, I hate missing the shows...and then coming home to the news about Philip Seymour Hoffman, so sad.

Sorry that the OTO's didn't work out.

I have to tell you that I am so impressed with your moves--so many experiences and so many people you must know! It is incredible to me!! Thanks for posting~Peach

Very sad to hear that news. He was one of my favorite actors, not the typical Hollywood actor.

Btw, I was born in Duluth. Not a place you hear about every day...lol.

I'm tired of the moves. Getting too old to live like gypsies, I'm ready to settle down. We'll be moving further away from my son and dil...when he gets sick and ends up back in the hospital, it's like being in the Twilight Zone trying to get to him. Constant worry of mine. This was too good of an offer to pass up though, so he'll do this gig and retire. I'll have a lot of opportunities to wear my jewels.Wink

Anyway, I didn't end up getting the 2 pieces that I really wanted. I have a limit that I'm willing to pay for SS and dmq, regardless of who designs it. I have boxes full of her pieces as it is and keep complaining about it taking over my closet so I'm really not upset about it.

I guess I only got the 2 bracelets of hers this visit...the rest was MD's.

I hope you have a great week LP.

Danny, Duluth?! Small world. I was just there late last Spring visiting DH's aunt and uncle. Very hilly and we also went to Gooseberry Falls.

I totally understand about limits, the cost for sterling and DMQ is rather amazing right now (am trying to be diplomatic, lol). Two JR bracelets and some MD is a nice haul IMHO...

Sounds like you and DH have a good plan and I can only imagine the worry for DS, sorry, it must be very tough. Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 2/3/2014 smarty said:
On 2/3/2014 LuckyPeach said:
On 2/2/2014 smarty said:

To me, this has been one of her best shows in a long time...I love the TSV concept, and I have purchased a number of things that spoke to me. That said, I have purchased very little this past year, so I'm making up for lost time. Love that she has brought us a nice mix of dmq and non dmq

Smarty, how are you? I have to agree. Didn't it seem like her Anniversary shows? Please add your reviews when you receive--you always have thoughtful and on-target things to share... Did you get the TSV? Which color? I went for the gold, waitlist for the gold add-ons and the green Chalcedony bead add-ons. Completely unplanned and not like me! Take care~Peach

Thanks...I thought the same thing! I got the TSV in silver, and the add on links in both silver and clad. I have watched that little video demo on how it works and I think I am going to be able to use the extra links to make a two toned chain/bracelet! The links on the ends of the pearls are hard fastened to the pearls (cannot be removed) but the next two links appear to be opening links. If that is the case, I should be able to swap out some sections for two toned effect. I may have to sacrifice some of the clad links to access single clad links, but I will have to see...reminds me of the time I snipped the extra links from the titanic heart because the drop was too long on my neck. Where there is a will...there is a way!

Smarty, now THAT'S a great idea to mix the sterling and clad links! I know I'll eventually get the SS TSV, but it would be nice now if my clad one would just arrive. It came to SoCal, they tried to deliver it to another town and now it is being sent back to the Q!! What the heck....? The Q says this has happened to others and is trying to straighten it out. I did receive and wear my green Chalcedony bead links, one strand actually fits like a choker for me, so more variety there... Cannot wait to play with everything... ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 2/3/2014 MickD said:

Peachie ~ Thanks for responding to my venting post...one of those days!!

There is a lot of police brutality out there and in the LA area. RE: the police: How about instead of killing a person first, then ask questions later - they try to de-escalate the situation and subdue by the least amount of lethal force...i.e, taser. I think many of these poor chaps are on-drugs, incoherent, non-English speaking.....what tragedies...

Given that, my DH was pulled over for "weaving", passed the field sobriety walking test, but refused the breathalizer and got a blood test instead. He is an attorney and complied with everything that was asked of him except the breathalizer (trust that??). After that the cop told him that they were pulling random people over due to the chinese new year festivities....and the reason he was taken in was due to the refusal of the breathalizer and weaving. Now I understand why Alfred Hitchcock never had a driver's license..paranoia? Nope, reality. It will be okay in the end, my DS was upset as we had to postpone his bday party....Smiley Sad

Anyway, I am on WL for the citrine cross and will provide a review if I keep!

~ Mick Smiley Happy

Mick, after all that his BD party postponed, too, ugh.. So awful what he went through and yes, I'm sure things will be OK in the end but it is just the getting to that point, you know? My meeting with city council was postponed two more weeks. Major frustration.

I wish they'd start prosecuting and jailing the corrupt/brutal cops, maybe then that would stop the killing. How about the Kelly Thomas case? Outrageous! Supposedly, the new tapes/cameras they all are supposed to be carrying will change things. But even that wasn't enough for poor Kelly.

Did you receive the Citrine cross? ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 2/3/2014 donnaluby said:

Peach, you are so sweet to respond to each of our posts. I hope this new year brings you a new and better year than last year and wish all good things go your way. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and kind words with us. donna

{{{Donna}}}, back to you!!! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 2/5/2014 Luv Chanel and Ripka said:

I ordered and just received J284978, Judith's 14kt clad Dew Drop Necklace. It is pretty and a little smaller than my silver one but I love it. I will wear this with everything. Not too large and not too small. A keeper. But, with that said, can I get on my soap box for one thing. This was obviously a return. The necklace was poorly packaged not like it comes when freshly purchased, it was also bunched up in the box in the green bag and such a mess. I was holding my breath as I opened it knowing something was going to be wrong with it but so far I see nothing. Am I the only one that even if I have to send something back to the Q whether it is Judith piece or any other, I always neatly package it back up whether it is a 20.00 bill item or a 393.60 item with tax as this was? Honestly, this is a perfect example of how items are not checked when they come in by quality control. It was obviously left exactly how something threw it back into the bag, half in and half out I might add. If you have to return something, knowing that no one at the Q is going to place it back the way if should be, please be considerate when there is nothing obviously wrong with an item. Praying I see nothing wrong with this but so far, looks good. I will step down now off my soap box. Q, please hear us for the 1000th time. Check packages!!!!!!!

LuvChanelandRipka, couldn't agree with you more--so insulting to receive stuff in this manner. The Q used to be a very different place! Please add your review of the clad Dew Drop to the February all review thread, when you get a moment, please. Thanks~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 2/5/2014 DCfashionista said:
On 2/2/2014 DCfashionista said:
On 2/2/2014 DCfashionista said:

Happy New Year LuckyPeach! I have been behaving myself for several months, not purchasing since the TSV hoops in rose and yellow gold clad (love those and wear them all the time) and staying off these boards so not to be tempted. Told myself I need to appreciate everything I have and shop my jewelry box...LOL

I fell off the wagon by finally purchasing the turq Monaco (J156568) on clearance last week and now see so many things I want this visit. So far, I am adding the silver DMQ hoops (J285753) to the others and replacing my signature heart ring I lost awhile back (J5050) and last night's OTO in yellow gold (J290801) with the (J290392)

I haven't been able to decide on color for TSV- first thought I would get sterling because I own more silver pieces to mix and match, but now thinking I will get the gold because it is so chic looking and I can incorporate the OTO necklace from last night. I own the screw-on siliver and onyx pieces from many years ago, although that was a time when the silver gram weight was much higher- don't think it would match today's TSV.

I also really want that wrap watch in camel...might not just be falling off the wagon today but run over by it!

Enjoy today's shows!

Hello DCFashionista! I agree that it is sooo hard to stay away. JR is my one "vice" and so I gave up long ago, though I want to start posting much more on the JR board. I miss everyone so much!

You will love the Turquoise Monaco--how do you feel about matrix? Mine has very little. I have the former TSV DMQ hoops in rose with rose charms and adore them! A very rich look! Congrats on all your goodies and please do not forget to add your reviews to the Feb. all review thread. I've been neglecting it lately and it needs some new life!

The links alone on (3 pieces) today's TSV total 50 grams according to Jane and Judith's vice president, Beth. I saw it on a video posted in the middle of the night, which has since been replaced by the standard one with Rick and Judith. I have to say that Jane's pitch about the 50 grams in those three pieces, and then adding the two pearl pieces is what got to me! Also, in that video, VP Beth showed the green beads for add-ons (not sure if the green Adventurine or green Chalcedony) and THAT sold me! Beth showed it with the gold and I was hooked!!

Like you, I have the much heavier older Onyx set that screws together and the even older faux pearls set that screws together. So, yes, gold clad was the answer this time! Over the years I've worn the older sets many, many times in many iterations.

Enjoy being run over by the wagon, lol! So much fun! ~Peach

The gold TSV has been ordered!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I liked the way the adventurine beads looked with the gold when I saw JR wearing them in the last show and that solidified my choice. I will put those beads on my wish list.

I hesitated to order the turq Monaco for a long time because of comments about the matrix but the one I received has very little as well. It is gorgeous and looks very happy next to its ginger, pink and mint quartz siblings!

DCFashionista~when I got back after going out, I was stunned to see the new Ruby Monaco and Sapphire Monaco rings...OMG! The higher prices brought me up short, though. What did you think of them? I have nearly all of the others--missing the un-named citrine one.

Yes, the gold TSV looks great with the green, doesn't it? Hope the TSV lives up to the sell!! Crossed fingers! ~Peach

Hi Peach,

Those new Monacos are stunning but I agree that price point is a show stopper. I remember thinking how the original Monacos were pricey when LR first debuted them in Posh in the Park but the price of these new sapphires is over the top IMO. The pink quartz Monaco was on my finger today and it definitely is one of my all-time favorites.

I went back online later during the visit and was able to cancel the signature heart ring since I found my original. Cancelling helped to ease the guilt of falling off the wagon. Smiley Happy The only new pieces I received so far are the silver DMQ hoops which I love. I plan on wearing them tomorrow. Hope you are having a good week!

DCFashionista, it is so frustrating especially because for years now, the Rubies, Sapphires and Emeralds from India in particular are meshed with glass and dyes. Tons about this on the internet. That's how we are able to get such big stones for a lesser price and they do have a certain look which is different from the pricey R/S/E of years ago. Still, yes, these new Monacos are show stopper pricing--cannot imagine why they are so high compared to the recent Monaco rings here. That pink Quartz one is great!!

If you get a moment, please add your review to the Feb. all review of your new DMQ hoops. Take care~Peach

Trusted Contributor

On 2/2/2014 roe1005 said:
On 2/1/2014 LuckyPeach said:

Any Ripkanistas going for the OTO DMQ rondel station earrings or chains (gold or rose clad or sterling)? J290382 clad necklace/18"-20"/$185; J290778 sterling/18"-20"/$173; J290994 sterling dbl. brilliance DMQ hoops/1 1/2" x 1/4"/$99; J290995 rose or gold clad dbl. brilliance DMQ hoops 1 1/2" x 1/4"/$111. Pierced or clip on both with omega back.

Have fun watching!~Peach

Hello LP & Ladies!

I ordered the OTO from last night's show in SS. I like the width of the necklace. I also ordered the earrings (by check) as I couldn't stay up to watch the presentation so I taped it and am watching it now. It is pretty.

I had also ordered the While Supplies Last necklace in rose last month. It was just shown on air w/Rick & JR. Had it sent to my cousin in DE - she almost didn't give it to me!! that piece is gorgeous too.

enjoy the rest of the shows today!

I am returning the earrings - they are just ok. I don't think they are worth the money. I have my JR hoops that I purchased at Sam's (yes, Sam's) last Christmas that are much nicer.

The necklace is sitting at my cousin's house - had it sent to her home in Delaware. She opened the box (she always does!) and said the necklace is nice, so I'll see tomorrow!

Hope everyone on the east coast is safe with all this stinky weather! We have a lot of snow on the ground. Please get here fast Spring!!{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Frequent Contributor

I ordered the coated topaz cuff and ring - paid almost $14 for s&h and they have to send it their cheap way. Called a week ago to say there is something wrong - there had been no movement since 2/4. I had received a necklace that they mailed a day later two days before. They said I had to wait til the 16th to call. Now the ring is sold out so I don't even want the cuff without the ring. I can't understand why they have to use that third party service. For $14 s&H you think they could at least send it usps priority - and they'd still make money. I bought $7 dish towels - they send them ups - but the order total was $450+ on those two items and they send it the third party service. I'm so disappointed and aggravated.

Super Contributor

Received my new chrome diopside ring J290459 - the deep green oval and round stones are sparkly and beautiful. There are variations of dark and lighter green but the ring is lovely. A few reviews said some stones were scratchy -- mine is very comfortable and smooth. Wish the price of the cuff wasn't so high - but will add it to my wish list.