QVC Community

Re: Let's Chat about Turquoise!

@benamarie wrote:

I really enjoyed the show.  I was wondering you can make  Sleeping Beauty Doublet earrings.  I think they'd make a fabulous addition to the bracelets and rings you are already offering.

@benamarie I am so glad you enjoyed the show.  I love the idea of Sleeping Beauty Doublet Earrings.   We have never done that before and the crystal on top of the Turquoise would really make them glow.  I will work with the designer and see what we can come up.   Thanks for writing in and the great suggestion, Peyton

QVC Community

@alemcdor wrote:

Thank you Peyton. That is very helpful. I love the the turquoise you bring to QVC. I love that it is not dyed to enhance the color. That's a huge relief to me. I did order the stunning Kingman ring with the large stone. I'm so excited! This is my first Kingman turgquoise ring. Is Kingman turquoise ever greenish or is it always this high blue color?

@alemcdor

We do not accept any tuquoise that has been dyed.    It is so important, whether Kingman or Sleeping Beauty to start with the rough stones.   That way we are assured of what we are getting.  Kingman tuquoise does come in a beautiful rich green as well.   We have never done it before but should in the future.  I love Kingman not only because of the color but also the characteristic veining.   It makes every piece unique.  Best, Peyton

QVC Community

@lmjae wrote:

I am concerned bout wearing my turq. daily. How is the durability compared to diamonds? I have a Carolyn Pollack SB turq ring that I love. Can it withsand daily wear??

@lmjae

Hi, Please don't be concerned about this.  Wear it every day and enjoy.   It is between 5-6 on the hardness scale.  Diamonds are a perfect 10.  Turquoise is very durable and strong.I love Carolyn's designs.   She is great friend and excellent jewelry designer.   Please enjoy her ring and wear it every day.   Thanks, Peyton

QVC Community

I will be answering questions until 6:00 PM EST.   If you have any questions after that, please post them and I will answer tomorrow.   I have to get ready for a very special Gemstone Hour tonight at 11 PM with Rick.   There is one new Sleeping Beauty Turquoise ring in sterling silver in his show.   There are many other incredible gem pieces as well.   Please tune in if you can.

Take care and thanks for writing to me.  Best, Peyton

I purchased the 14K Sleeping Beauty and diamond ring with the scalloped edges some time ago and I think there was a matching pendant. Am I correct?  If so is that pendant still available?  I watched your show this morning and this afternoon!  Love turquoise and love listening to you tell all about your adventures!

QVC Community

@jinglesc wrote:

I purchased the 14K Sleeping Beauty and diamond ring with the scalloped edges some time ago and I think there was a matching pendant. Am I correct?  If so is that pendant still available?  I watched your show this morning and this afternoon!  Love turquoise and love listening to you tell all about your adventures!

@jinglesc

Hi, I am so happy that you got that ring.   It is a true beauty and the very finest Sleeping Beauty.   I don't remember the pendant but let me check tomorrow and see.   It would be stunning.   Thanks for the kind words.   Best, Peyton

Occasional Contributor

I loved the show and do so love Kingman turquoise. Had several pieces from the seventies but foolishly got rid of them😔 Was able to pick up a few today😊

Occasional Contributor

Hello Peyton,

Talking about the large turq, diamond , and yellow gold ring now.  How is the stone held securely in the setting?  Would it be sensitive to being tapped while wearing?

Thank you and enjoy your shows,

Susan

Visitor

HOW DID I MISS THIS? I LOVE TURQUOISE-I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME TURQUOISE, LAPIS AND STAINLESS STEEL! HAVE TO GO TO MY SETUP AND MAKE SURE I DON'T MISS ANOTHER PRESENTATION

QVC Community

@CynthiaMac wrote:

I loved the show and do so love Kingman turquoise. Had several pieces from the seventies but foolishly got rid of them😔 Was able to pick up a few today😊

@CynthiaMac

Hi CynthiaMac, I am so happy that you enjoyed the show.  I also love Kingman Tuquoise.  Such a beautiful color and the characteristic veining really makes each piece unique.  Please enjoy your new pieces.   Best Regards, Peyton