Respected Contributor

Re: Last show and I made it!

On 2/2/2014 MickD said:

Sheesh suggested possible poor quality, i.e. cloudiness....I just paged her........

Well, I never said "poor quality" I just said they looked dull on my screen...so that I'd prefer to spend my "budget" on other pieces---I also said I hope I am wrong and that what i was seeing was not the case.....

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

Sheesh ~ That's why I paged you, so you could give your opinion.....sorry! I get twenty lashes with a wet noodle!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.scared} Don't hate me!!!! It was the drink, I tell ya!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Super Contributor

On 2/2/2014 MickD said:

Kap ~ No I didn't. I wanted the ring, but thought there'd be something more that I liked better....I have so much wonderful stuff....I try not to get stressed.....I try!!!

You have a much stronger will than me. I am Jello when it come to miss Judie's stuff. I returned a whole bunch of Gold Rush stuff today b/c of my purchases today. The gold stuff seemed so boring in comparison.
Contributor

Going to finish my little spree with the rolling bangle.......
Contributor

I am bad to buy too much, but I usually don't complain about prices. For example, pieces with good/unusual gems.

But these pieces with DMQ only are flooring me! Can the double brilliants cost that much? Maybe it is to make us get used to higher prices? Now I can buy in the $400 range w/o blinking, while back in the day, I would have freaked out!

I have so much on Check Hold! I need to winnow stuff out!

Honored Contributor

kd ~ WooHoo!!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Super Contributor

On 2/2/2014 kd did said: Going to finish my little spree with the rolling bangle.......
Enjoy!
Contributor

Kap- I have a few gold rush pieces going back also......lol
Super Contributor

On 2/2/2014 Dragon Lady said:

I am bad to buy too much, but I usually don't complain about prices. For example, pieces with good/unusual gems.

But these pieces with DMQ only are flooring me! Can the double brilliants cost that much? Maybe it is to make us get used to higher prices? Now I can buy in the $400 range w/o blinking, while back in the day, I would have freaked out!

I have so much on Check Hold! I need to winnow stuff out!

I may be wrong, but it think some of the high costs come from production, especially setting the stones which are all done like couture, even if it's DMQ. I hated DMQ at first and was a real snob about it. I've softened my position quite a bit since that time and have learned to embrace it. Just be happy.
Super Contributor

On 2/2/2014 kd did said: Kap- I have a few gold rush pieces going back also......lol
The gold pieces paled in comparison for me.