Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Largest Single Item Sale In Costco History

From the current Costco Connection magazine-it was a 4.25 carat, internally flawless, D color round brilliant diamond ring. 

It sold for $499, 999.99 in March 2015. On Costco.com! I would love to know who bought it.

Brings back memories of when I would look at the diamonds in Costco with my Mom 💔

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: Largest Single Item Sale In Costco History

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

From the current Costco Connection magazine-it was a 4.25 carat, internally flawless, D color round brilliant diamond ring. 

It sold for $499, 999.99 in March 2015. On Costco.com! I would love to know who bought it.

Brings back memories of when I would look at the diamonds in Costco with my Mom 💔

I wanna know too! 

Esteemed Contributor

I remember looking at the rings.  Never could afford one, but I sure looked.

Honored Contributor

I decided to return it.........too big for my finger

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Would you want anyone to know if you purchased something expensive?  I wouldn't.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Would you want anyone to know if you purchased something expensive?  I wouldn't.

@millieshops  I wouldn't, either.   But I know quite a few people who can't wait to show off their purchases.....and tell me HOW MUCH $$$$$ it cost.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I decided to return it.........too big for my finger

52B790EE-0B52-41E8-AE94-88ADD436255D.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Have never been in Costco. Had no idea they sold diamonds, too! One of these days I'm going to wander around with a friend with a membership. I'm becoming curious. Knew they sold tires, beds, food and household stuff. Oh, and I've even heard of people buying vehicles through Costco! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never understood why people wanted to do something like this.

Much like buying an expensive handbag or jewelry from QVC.

Spending this amount of money on an item is an experience.

Compare it to Pretty Woman.

If I’m going to spend on an item, I want it to be in the store,

where they serve me champagne and you leave with

a beautiful box & bag.

All the bells & whistles.

That’s the experience.

Not with a loudspeaker in the background or a brown cardboard

box thrown on your dusty doorstep.  Give me the experience. 

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Have never been in Costco. Had no idea they sold diamonds, too! One of these days I'm going to wander around with a friend with a membership. I'm becoming curious. Knew they sold tires, beds, food and household stuff. Oh, and I've even heard of people buying vehicles through Costco! 

I have quite a lot of jewelry items purchased from Costco, mostly over 20 years ago. I have several gold bracelets and necklaces that were only about $10 per gram in the early 90's. Also have some gemstone pendants and bracelets. One of my favorites is a heart shaped garnet tennis bracelet with gold x's between the stones - it is seriously heavy and was only $150. These days I don't care for their selections, and of course the prices are very high, even there.

I also have a number of pieces from BJ's and Sams Club. I bought my diamond tennis bracelet from Sams when you could still get substantial gold weight, and also a one carat 5 stone wedding ring. I think Sams has quite a nice selection of jewelry.