Honored Contributor

Re: Lady Gaga's Pink Sapphire Engagement Ring

My taste in wedding jewelry has changed vastly since I was engaged. I had the typical simple rather mundane solitaire in a 4 prong setting. If I were to get engaged today, I’d choose something MUCH more edgy. 

My diamond is presently set in a newer setting that I’ve never seen anything similar to, and I wear it fairly often, but I probably wear the engagement ring given to my Wild Irish Mother, (who was engaged to a fiancée whose family owned a jewelry store) and she wore for 13 year, then married my dad after knowing him for 6 weeks, even more.

Feeling grateful that my taste in husbands was more consistent than my taste in jewelry was all those years ago.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I think it's fabulous!  Doesn't it sort of look like the Jackie Kennedy ring QVC once sold?  It was pink and was supposed to have been the Christmas gift JFK never got to give her. 

Yes, I remember that ring. I believe it was this one (sold out):

https://www.qvc.com/Jacqueline-Kennedy-Simulated-Kunzite-Ring.product.J151798.html

Honored Contributor

@violann  I prefer edgy jewelry too.

Respected Contributor

Too big, too miss kitty/strawberry shortcake pink and too top heavy for me.  

Respected Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Too big, too miss kitty/strawberry shortcake pink and too top heavy for me.  

@Shawnie, I love the ring but must admit to getting a chuckle from your review! 

At this point in my life, I like colored gemstones more than diamonds. Have a white gold oval pink sapphire line bracelet that I saved for months to buy. 

Respected Contributor

I do not like this ring. Not my taste. I understand it is very precious but the blue sapphire with diamonds looks striking (Kate’s), but pink looks like a just big cocktail ring.

Not impressed.  We all have didderent tastes.

Honored Contributor

I like it as a cocktail ring, not as an engagement ring.  

Trusted Contributor

I like the center stone, but would actually prefer it without the surrounding diamonds.
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

I think it suits her perfectly

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I think it suits her perfectly

I actually would have thought she'd prefer something edgier.  She's a pretty edgy person.  Maybe she had nothing to do with the selection.  Although I can't imagine dropping that much money on a ring without the bride having some input.