Honored Contributor

Ladies, please talk me out of buying this

On HSN...$99.75 and 30% off with a coupon....

Exclusive! Bellezza 200-Lira Coin Bronze Multi-Link Necklace 3-piece Set

777-328

D7080E66-8452-45D5-9713-2C1923CDCA59.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Ladies, please talk me out of buying this

Check the VALUE of the coin itself on the net...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Ok - Where would you wear it and how often? Do you already have other pieces similar and/or that you don't wear?

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden I have something simular that I bought at hsn.I tend to wear more gold in winter monthes and silver in spring summer

Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden @Darn it, now I want it. I think it is very pretty. Sorry no help from me!!

Respected Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

@SeaMaiden @Darn it, now I want it. I think it is very pretty. Sorry no help from me!!

Yep.  Me too!  No way I can talk you out of it as I really like it!

🤣🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden It is a pretty look, that layered gold, with varied links, and one coin typed pendant at the bottom.

For me...I just don't want to spend much on any plated gold anymore. (I bought only one pair of everyday diamonique gold earrings I've gotten a lot of use out of and look real, that's my one exception in recent times.)

In the past, like when QVC sold "Veronese" my mom gifted me a few things from that line. Some of those things the plating wore off. I don't care who's line it is, eventually it wears away.

So my rule of thumb would be to either "get the look" at many (including Etsy) sites for plated gold for less. Granted I'm sure there are quality/value differences, but without knowing exactly what is what, I just shy away from most of it, or at least don't pay a lot for a trendy look.

Another way I've been doing this is.... I've layered my own chains, look exactly like this and also have real value as they are my own 14k gold. Some are sentimental pieces, one coin type pendant was my mom's...has a shooting star on the front, and a saint on the back. The look looks just like the one you have pictured, it's just not a coin. I even have a 16" chain with beads like shown here, from forever ago I layer with things. So if you have any real gold of varying lengths and styles, you can make the look yourself.

Just my thoughts. However, If you don't have chains to make the same look with, and don't really want to be "talked out of it", and you like it, and think it has some value to you for the 99.75, with 30% off (not too bad...I forgot about that), then go for it!

Lol...wishy washy response? Food for thought! Anyway, hope it helps you sort it through for yourself, at least.

Good luck, let us know what you decide!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden PS, I just realized, for all I know Bellezza IS real gold and not plated! I just assumed due to the name...I'm not familiar with that line, though I've heard of it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@4kitties  @Rose429 @Luvsmyfam @ThinkingOutLoud @amyb   I do not NEED IT.

I just really like the layered look and the easy magnetic clasp on the back...this line I have purchase from before and the pieces are beautiful....

Darn it....I am going to mull it over for a few more hours...

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden - How much other jewelry do you have?  How often do you wear any of it?

Will you wear this piece a lot and really enjoy it?

For me, I've had to stop myself buying things now.  I have way too much jewelry and no one to leave it to.  Since not going out so much, I barely wear any of it, other than a ring or two and some earrings.

I keep remembering that story that made the news a few years back - the man whose wife died, leaving him with enough jewelry (much of it still in its boxes) to fill a showroom, and no idea what to do with it.  A local jewelry store owner ended up having a "sale day" for him, commission-free, and said no way would he ever get back as much as she'd spent on it.  (But at least it got rid of it!)

Let us know, if you decide to buy it!  Woman Wink