Regular Contributor

Re: Ladies, It Is With Great Sadness That I Share With You...

So sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences and prayers
Contributor

So SAD! I too, as one of the 'oldie' posters, used to always read what Indy had to say - it would be terribly funny.....I feel so bad for her husband. I hope he has some help or support...

She will be missed....Smiley Sad

Jan

Super Contributor

I have been going through some old posts, and recalling the wise, and often witty remarks dear Indy posted. Although I never did get the opportunity to meet her in person, I feel so fortunate to have found her through this forum. I am also very fortunate for the other wonderful ladies here. While there are very few who can match her class and grace, there are some. The Ripkanistas know who they are...it isn't an exclusive club...it is just the opposite...it is very inclusive...the only requirement is that you love Judith Ripka jewelry. Indy was a charter member...

Respected Contributor

Gals, I just found this post by Indy to Judeye from 2012 and thought you'd like to re-read it:

"Judeye, I was born in Manhattan but taken to Brazil at the age of 1. My dad was second in command for a company in NY. He was asked to go to Brazil, actually find a location and have the entire factory built from scratch.

He also found the equipment and then had to teach a new staff how to run the business. At that point he became president.

He then retired early and fulfilled his dream of buying a farm in Brazil. Long story short, there was a communist revolution so the farm was sold and we came back to NY.

At this point I was ready to start my career, worked in New York for several years. Had a three month contract in Paris which became the love of my life. I stayed over 2 years and have been back since. Meanwhile I worked all over Europe and my job took me to many exotic countries and to some not exotic but fascinating.

At some point I came home and based my work out of NY. Finally met my DH although marriage was NOT on my agenda. After dating 3 years we married and moved to Williamsburg VA.

So, there you have my life story. Cool "

Rest in Peace, dear Indy....

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Contributor

Indy certainly kept this forum lively, and interesting, with her joyful posts about the new pieces of Judith Ripka jewelry she received. She was a VIP among a great group of gals who rarely, if ever, post on this forum any longer.

Although I never had the pleasure of meeting her in person, we did enjoy forum conversations, coupled with an occasional phone chat/email.

Super Contributor

Hi Ladies, I don't post on this forum but I saw the title of this thread and wanted to extend my most sincere condolences to Indy's family and friends. May she rest in eternal peace wrapped in the arms of our Lord.

lobstergal

Regular Contributor

It's so sad that she died too soon, away from family and home. My condolences to her loved ones.

Contributor

Just saw this post, how sad for Indy and her family. I remember her posts. Such a positive person. I hope she has found peace and condolences to her family. A wonderful person who surely will be missed.

Trusted Contributor

My heartfelt condolences to Indy's family and loved ones. May she rest in peace.
Valued Contributor

On 4/17/2014 Sheesh said:

Gals, I just found this post by Indy to Judeye from 2012 and thought you'd like to re-read it:

"Judeye, I was born in Manhattan but taken to Brazil at the age of 1. My dad was second in command for a company in NY. He was asked to go to Brazil, actually find a location and have the entire factory built from scratch.

He also found the equipment and then had to teach a new staff how to run the business. At that point he became president.

He then retired early and fulfilled his dream of buying a farm in Brazil. Long story short, there was a communist revolution so the farm was sold and we came back to NY.

At this point I was ready to start my career, worked in New York for several years. Had a three month contract in Paris which became the love of my life. I stayed over 2 years and have been back since. Meanwhile I worked all over Europe and my job took me to many exotic countries and to some not exotic but fascinating.

At some point I came home and based my work out of NY. Finally met my DH although marriage was NOT on my agenda. After dating 3 years we married and moved to Williamsburg VA.

So, there you have my life story. Cool "

Rest in Peace, dear Indy....

Thank-you for posting this Sheesh.