Valued Contributor

Re: Ladies, It Is With Great Sadness That I Share With You...

I am sorry to hear this. I am not on the Jewelry Forum frequently, but I'm a long-time Boards member and I felt the need to share my condolences.

Frequent Contributor

YES MIL! You remember! My DH bought me my first ever JR2 on Madison! My pink crystal fontaine ring and beautiful heart drop earrings. I will never forget that special moment, surrounded by my dear Ripka friends in the boutique! They are still among my favorite pieces.

And OMG the ups drama! She was a RIOT!!

Sigh. I miss Indy....

Valued Contributor

On 4/16/2014 Visaqueen said:

YES MIL! You remember! My DH bought me my first ever JR2 on Madison! My pink crystal fontaine ring and beautiful heart drop earrings. I will never forget that special moment, surrounded by my dear Ripka friends in the boutique! They are still among my favorite pieces.

And OMG the ups drama! She was a RIOT!!

Sigh. I miss Indy....

Those early days were indeed so very special. I miss them and now Indy too. She always made our "chats" on the forum fun! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, no! I too remember Indy from earlier forum days and her UPS store escapades. We also had many good post 'chats' about our shared love of exotic gemstones. She was smart, funny and absolutely elegant! Prayers to PMP over the loss of your friend and to her beloved family.

Contributor

Oh, no, Danny! I'm so sorry to hear this. Thank you for thinking of us and letting us know.

It's funny how someone you've never met can touch your life. Indy touched many of us. Please let Rog know how important she is to us - for memories of her bring a smile to my face now. Elegant...and hilarious! I remember when one of the Ripkanistas told her, "Luuucy, you got some splainin' to do..." Too funny! And so fitting.

Those were good times - good times on the forum indeed! Indy is remembered with true fondness.

Regular Contributor

Oh gosh I remember when I was just a lurker I remember reading Indy' s pist. Than when I started posting ""talking"" with her. How sad and to 've so far from home. I'm lost for words.

Contributor

I am so sorry to hear this news. Thank you for sharing this. My best wishes, hugs and prayers go to her, her husband, family and friends.

Respected Contributor

On 4/16/2014 DiamondDeb said:

Oh, no, Danny! I'm so sorry to hear this. Thank you for thinking of us and letting us know.

It's funny how someone you've never met can touch your life. Indy touched many of us. Please let Rog know how important she is to us - for memories of her bring a smile to my face now. Elegant...and hilarious! I remember when one of the Ripkanistas told her, "Luuucy, you got some splainin' to do..." Too funny! And so fitting.

Those were good times - good times on the forum indeed! Indy is remembered with true fondness.

This is very sad and shocking news indeed. Indy was only in her early 60's.

Some of you may remember when I posted a picture of of a model posing as Lucy next to a fireplace (the one from the floor covering ad from a few years ago) and I said it was Indy ("you got some splainin' to do")---as she sure had all the antics of I Love Lucy when she was hiding her purchases from her DH---hauling out the trash bags of green boxes, etc, and many times getting caught in the act by DH! She was a very funny lady.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Frequent Contributor

So sad. Such a great loss of a wonderful friend. I feel so bad for her husband. He was so dedicated to her. So many wonderful memories. Do you remember her escapades with her oven? Cooking was not one of Indy's favorite things to do. I will miss her. Love, Sir Cancelot

Valued Contributor

Thank-you ladies, so appreciate reading your kind words.

Yes, she did have her own box at the UPS store. She also purchased a huge safe for her closet and had it bolted in to the floor to store her jewels...lol.

I got another email from her husband but it didn't say much. I have a feeling he's in shock plus I'm sure he's overwhelmed with details and grief. I am so saddened by this, we were just making plans for dinner since my husband and I are moving back down by where they live.

RIP Steph, you will be greatly missed. <3