Honored Contributor

Re: Ladies, It Is With Great Sadness That I Share With You...

My prayers for her family and loved ones....remember her from the days when we were so excited about the new shows, it was like girlfriends sharing a night out.

Valued Contributor

I don't know the details yet JB. I received an email from her husband who I'm sure is in shock, as am I.

She hadn't been feeling well and had been in the hospital. I don't want to say too much on here as I'm sure everyone can understand.

I spoke with her before her trip and thought she sounded weak but she had had the flu, or so they thought anyway, so I assumed it was from that.

We met for lunch in 2008, I believe, and have formed a very deep friendship over the years. I am beyond sad and will truly miss our almost daily emails.

motherinlaw, no, she was not from the midwest...here in VA.

Yes, auctionlady, she was always a lady. Very sad, indeed.

Contributor

I am so sorry to hear of Indy's passing. My heart goes out to her family. I miss the good old days when we all would get so excited before all the shows. Rest in Peace dear Indy,you will be missed! Thanks Patty for posting this news.

Super Contributor

PpprMintPatty,

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your friend, Indy....she was fun to chat with on these forums and she will be greatly missed.

I'm sending prayers and good wishes to her friends and family. God Bless.

Super Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear this! I always enjoyed Indy's posts and her sense of humor. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to her family and friends.

Respected Contributor

I am sorry for your loss, too, PMP. It is never easy losing a friend.

I feel terrible for her poor husband, too. And to have this horrible event happen in another country just compounds and complicates everything. Even more funeral arrangements must be made than would normally be the case-- which is not so easy to do when you are in another country far from home.

I wish all of her friends and family members strength in the days ahead.

Trusted Contributor

I am very sorry to hear this news.

I met Indy in 2008 at the Ripka Romp. It was one of the first, if not the first, get together for those of us who posted on the Forum.

It was a fun day, organized by Sheesh. We met at a hotel in New York City. Some participants were there for the weekend, and those of us who were local were just in the city for the day. We walked to the Flagship store, had a grand time and then went for lunch.

Those in the city for the weekend, Indy and her husband and the others went to Dinner that evening.

I have very fond memories of that day.

I hope Indy rests in peace.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Frequent Contributor

I am so very sad to hear that Indy has passed away. Like NewJersey Girl, I have the fondest memories of that wonderful Ripka Romp in NYC! Indy was a runway model in the 70's and had THE MOST fascinating stories to tell! I told her she should write a book. She really could have!

Her love of Ripka and fabulous fashion sense were second to none! She was a lovely, lovely person and will be very much missed. RIP, Indy. Sending you love and light.

Valued Contributor

newjerseygirl: Didn't someone post a pic of that dinner that evening? I think Visaqueen and her husband where there as well. I do remember the pic. Would be fun to see it again...everyone looked so happy and the surroundings were divine! Smiley Happy

Seems like Visa bought something in ""pink"" from the flagship store on that trip...ring or earrings? Yes....I do remember that first trip taken. We all were so excited for those that made it. You could hear our squeals from all across the country. It put those of us unable to attain right there with you! It was grand!

Trusted Contributor

In remembrance of Indy...

Who remembers her stories of having her Ripka packages delivered to the UPS store? She would open the packages and then discard the mailers right there at the UPS store so there would be no tell tale evidence of her haul at home.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~