Esteemed Contributor

Re: LR has the most beautiful couture affordable jewelry

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I think even u dont buy these beautiful pieces that just to look at them and get lost in translation with them serves their purpose. Getting lost with them makes us think of a world where one day we could be sitting at a country club in Capri wearing these pieces and drinking the most expensive champagne. Even we cant experience this reality its wonderful to dream like one day this could happen.

I would hope that I will never be that shallow that I spend my time dreaming about drinking expensive champagne and wearing expensive jewelry.

Respected Contributor

Try singing a different tune. This one is sure worn out.

In other words who cares?

Esteemed Contributor

What I see when I look at those pieces is gaudy & overdone.

Valued Contributor

The original posts are definitely not written by Lisa otherwise everything would be "amazing, amazing, beautiful, beautiful on that one". Yes, these are her only words to describe everything she sells. 

And shell garden is exactly right what she posted in her reply. David Markstein is the one behind these couture diamond pieces from hos company he works for and when posters last night were commenting on it on Lisa's chat, that's why she removed those posts. She does not want her sources revealed. She'd rather say they're from "a good friend of hers with connections". LR likes to keep the mystery. 

Also another clue was when she kept referring to David for accurate information as Lisa said he was the one that wrote up her notes "for the show". Love when she refers to her chats as 'a show', as if she's still hosting on Q. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I think even u dont buy these beautiful pieces that just to look at them and get lost in translation with them serves their purpose. Getting lost with them makes us think of a world where one day we could be sitting at a country club in Capri wearing these pieces and drinking the most expensive champagne. Even we cant experience this reality its wonderful to dream like one day this could happen.

@JONNYSBRO .... and with a lot of therapy maybe one day you will be sane! ..... you need to get help fast!

Regular Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

The OP strikes me as either being Lisa, or someone she has posting for her.  If it's not, the OP should consider getting some help.

I've always guessed that the poster was Lisa herself. It's the holiday season and she needs to draw people to her site. Posts about her merchandise in this forum is a free way of advertising among people for whom she still has name recognition.

IMO, if you want to buy high-end jewelry, especially diamonds, you buy it from a source that is GIA certified, which Lisa is not. All the "amazing, amazings" on her part guarantee nothing. There is a dearth of technical information provided regarding the quality of the gemstones in the jewelry she offers. Some of her pieces might LOOK unique, but unless she provides documentation about the actual quality of the gemstones, that's all it is and it doesn't justify the cost of her highly-marked-up items. Definitely a buyer-beware situation.

She's a businesswoman trying to generate sales, and folks are free to spend their money however they want to, even if others may think they're being ripped off. I get that. I just wish that the folks whom I consider "taken in" by her sales shenanigans would do a bit more due diligence and comparison shopping, instead of just using an emotional basis for their purchases. Especially if they think they are subsequently going to be leaving valuable "quality jewelry" to their children and grandchildren.

YMMV.

Esteemed Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

The original posts are definitely not written by Lisa otherwise everything would be "amazing, amazing, beautiful, beautiful on that one". Yes, these are her only words to describe everything she sells. 

And shell garden is exactly right what she posted in her reply. David Markstein is the one behind these couture diamond pieces from hos company he works for and when posters last night were commenting on it on Lisa's chat, that's why she removed those posts. She does not want her sources revealed. She'd rather say they're from "a good friend of hers with connections". LR likes to keep the mystery. 

Also another clue was when she kept referring to David for accurate information as Lisa said he was the one that wrote up her notes "for the show". Love when she refers to her chats as 'a show', as if she's still hosting on Q. 

@iTalia....thank you for verifying.  I thought I saw posters posting this information about David Markstein, during the chat, but when I went back to look again it was gone.

Like I said, I like Lisa and wish her well and have even bought a few home decor items from her.  But, I agree with you and think that she should be open about this being the company David works for.  Why so secretive?  Oh well, I will never spend that much for jewelry unless I know the source firsthand and also see it with my own eyes.

Honored Contributor

It's retail's important holiday shopping season, and  @JONNYSBRO has posted multiple threads about Lisa R. in just the past 4 days. 

Usually her/his exaggerated posts come and go, wait a couple of weeks or so, then appear again.  But these are very persistent.  

Anything to try to drum up business??  

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure that David Markstein is a nice guy, but everytime I would see him present on the Q, he always made the ugliest faces and had a "snarl" look when he described jewelry.  I never could understand that.  I wonder why he left the Q or did they not renew his contract?

And, he always reminded me of "Dobby, the elf" in the Harry Potter movies....sorry, but true, lol.

See the source image
Contributor

Lisa is a has been here at QVC. Please let it go, most are no longer interested in her.