Honored Contributor

Re: LR has a 30000 ring on her website

@alarmclock 

LOL! (wiping off my computer screen now!)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@crawford5153 wrote:

This 18K White Gold rectangular ring features an oval Blue Sapphire Gemstone bordered by precision cut Diamond Baguettes with a border of Round Full Cut Diamonds. The sides of the ring shank are also set with Round Full Cut Diamonds.

4.07ct Blue Sapphire

1.18ct Round Full Cut Diamonds

3.6ct Baguette Diamonds

4.78 total ct diamonds

214 individual total diamonds

9.35 grams of 18K gold

Total weight for the ring 11.12 grams

Measures 1" L X 3/4" W 

Made in China

sapphirediamondring3_compact.jpg

Not attractive at all for a $30,000 ring and from China lol. The style looks more masculine to me than feminine. I have a pretty blue sapphire and diamond ring in 14k white gold from the Art Deco period that is much nicer looking than this ring. Back then they were made by hand one at a time. 

The description is missing the 4C's!

Right! And who sells a ring without those important 4C's lol?  I always want to know that before anything else when looking at diamond jewelry.  After all, the ring she has is made in China woo hoo lol!

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@alarmclock 

LOL! (wiping off my computer screen now!)

Sorry about that!!

Trusted Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@crawford5153 wrote:

This 18K White Gold rectangular ring features an oval Blue Sapphire Gemstone bordered by precision cut Diamond Baguettes with a border of Round Full Cut Diamonds. The sides of the ring shank are also set with Round Full Cut Diamonds.

4.07ct Blue Sapphire

1.18ct Round Full Cut Diamonds

3.6ct Baguette Diamonds

4.78 total ct diamonds

214 individual total diamonds

9.35 grams of 18K gold

Total weight for the ring 11.12 grams

Measures 1" L X 3/4" W 

Made in China

sapphirediamondring3_compact.jpg

Not attractive at all for a $30,000 ring and from China lol. The style looks more masculine to me than feminine. I have a pretty blue sapphire and diamond ring in 14k white gold from the Art Deco period that is much nicer looking than this ring. Back then they were made by hand one at a time. 

The description is missing the 4C's!

Right! And who sells a ring without those important 4C's lol?  I always want to know that before anything else when looking at diamond jewelry.  After all, the ring she has is made in China woo hoo lol!

All or nearly all of the expensive stuff she sells is from China.  She may have had something from India in the past.  The pictures show the poor quality and I would hate to be able to loupe all of it.

Trusted Contributor

I love that she brings us couture jewelry which we can window shop and go wow maybe one day I'll own it.
Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I love that she brings us couture jewelry which we can window shop and go wow maybe one day I'll own it.

I never do that when I look at her website.  I can't figure you out @JONNYSBRO .  I don't know if you're serious or not.  I've never felt like anyone on these boards had a real desire to "look rich."  I know some extremely wealthy people, and they don't strive to look rich.  It's just not an admirable goal.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I hope that if you are ever able to spend that sort of money, you do it with a reputable seller.

Anyone that gives you a week to make your final decision is shady.

That is not enough time to get it to a reputable jeweler and get a legitimate and fair appraisal.

The appraisal that comes with this junk is unreliable.  Nothing like putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

Honored Contributor

Looks like there's an extra 0 to me.  $3,000 maybe, $30,000 never.

Trusted Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Looks like there's an extra 0 to me.  $3,000 maybe, $30,000 never.

Go to the website and look.

$30,000.00 is correct and she even quoted the price verbally.

Honored Contributor

It's hard to imagine anyone would even consider spending that kind of money (no matter what they can or can't comfortably afford) on a made-in-China ring, without substantial appraisal paperwork evaluating and verifying the quality of the gems and a longer trial period to get another local appraisal.    We have a goldsmith/silversmith in our family who makes fine jewelry...  beautifully crafted custom, actual one-of-a-kind, pieces of jewelry...  and even with some fabulous gems in that general size and cut it wouldn't cost nearly that much for a similar ring.   I usually don't post on these threads, but I was astonished to see this listing and what has to be an astronomical mark-up on the selling price.   Yikes!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova