Super Contributor

Re: LR has Pretty Gemstone Earrings

And don't you wonder about Katie whom she took from the Q. Now Katie gets to be her assistant and take tons of photos. Wonder if Katie has thought about her own career path. Not sure how this gig  will help her build her resume. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tadaki wrote:

I have no idea how much money LR has, but I would think you need millions to retire at 50 -- especially to maintain a lifestyle where you travel extensively, buy clothes, jewelry, cars, health insurance, etc.  And isn't the average lifespan for women over 80?  Anyway, I would think working is not just an option unless she planned to be fairly frugal.  

Duh . . . ETA that I haven't loved anything I've seen posted on the boards so far, including the earrings.  

Yup. It has been reported multiple times in the various Lisa threads that "somewhere" in some media, it was stated that Lisa was worth $5 million. I presume that was fairly recent but not very recent, i.e. about a year ago - ?

Five million dollars is more than enough to retire on at 62, if one lives quite comfortably but not extravagantly. But Lisa's got close to another 16-17 years to go before she hits what would be *her* full SS benefit retirement age. At her current rate of the spending we see mentioned - planes, hotels, many meals out at high end places, and business expenses to do with her merchandise, $5 million might last her 8-9 years at her current expense rate.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

And don't you wonder about Katie whom she took from the Q. Now Katie gets to be her assistant and take tons of photos. Wonder if Katie has thought about her own career path. Not sure how this gig will help her build her resume.

@Beansey  oh my goodness.  I had no idea Katie came from QVC?  WOW

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

"Made in China."

So is Judith Ripka and everything else you buy.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

"Made in China."

What isn't ??

The 14K and 18K jewelry from Italy that Lisa would wear nothing else but when she was at QVC and up until she started selling her own line. Even her version of bronzo is supposedly made in Italy.

@Ridiculous. Most all jewelery @ QVC made in China,,,like everything else.

Valued Contributor

I still am puzzled why LR is able to use the QVC boards as a shopping marketplace for her products.

Does she have to pay a percentage to the Q?

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

"Made in China."

So is Judith Ripka and everything else you buy.

The POINT, which you so clearly missed, and which I subsequently reiterated, is that while she was presenting on QVC, and in her private life, according to what she said then, Lisa wouldn't have been caught dead in bronzo or plated anything that wasn't crafted in Italy and was  solid 18K mostly, some 14K.  NOW, she's selling plated bronzo from Italy, hollow gold from Italy and ? and jewelry made in China that she would not wear herself, according to past comments.

The POINT is that nothing but the Real is good enough for Lisa, but she's selling bronze plated costume jewelry. Bit of a disconnect.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

"Made in China."

What isn't ??

The 14K and 18K jewelry from Italy that Lisa would wear nothing else but when she was at QVC and up until she started selling her own line. Even her version of bronzo is supposedly made in Italy.

@Ridiculous. Most all jewelery @ QVC made in China,,,like everything else.

It may be ridiculous, but it was certainly what she wanted everyone to believe. She's now in a position where either she was lying before, or was not lying and is selling kwap compared to what she says *she* wears. Yeah - ridiculous 😎

Honored Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

I still am puzzled why LR is able to use the QVC boards as a shopping marketplace for her products.

Does she have to pay a percentage to the Q?

Another way to keep her overhead low - free publicity.