Honored Contributor

Re: LR has Pretty Gemstone Earrings

And some hero-worshipping and gullible, so it all balances out 👸🏻

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

You ladies had interesting posts to read the past couple days...Especially Italias post- very amusing and on point....also, I agree and surmised that something had to be amiss in K's life.. She basically has lived w/L since they left the Q.
Esteemed Contributor

I find it interesting that someone that has as much money as she does, is selling stuff off facebook?  To her loyal QVC fans?   Something is off about this.  I think Lisa wants to be her own boss, and that is fine, but surely she can afford to sell in a better way then off her ipad through facebook.   Playing with that ipad just makes you turn off the chat.  That butterfly ring is something she would never wear, yet she has had it on just to sell it saying it is comfortable?   Sorry nothing that big on your hand is comfortable and not in your way.  JMO

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

I find it interesting that someone that has as much money as she does, is selling stuff off facebook?  To her loyal QVC fans?   Something is off about this.  I think Lisa wants to be her own boss, and that is fine, but surely she can afford to sell in a better way then off her ipad through facebook.   Playing with that ipad just makes you turn off the chat.  That butterfly ring is something she would never wear, yet she has had it on just to sell it saying it is comfortable?   Sorry nothing that big on your hand is comfortable and not in your way.  JMO

I think she doesn't have as much money as people think she does, and she's been using up what money she has jetting hither and yon trying to get a job that caters to her wants - which hasn't happened. Being her own version of the Liquidation Channel and Etsy on FB is Plan B. And Plan B, it has been decided, is going to be done as cheaply as possible - on the proverbial shoestring. Because the money, she is running out.

Honored Contributor

Not a Lisa follower, but have no reason to believe she's nearing financial ruin.

She must have some $$$ to gamble with...that's what it seems she's doing.  I haven't bought anything she's selling, but many have.  

I think she's testing the waters and if this doesn't pay out....she'll maybe claim a loss on her taxes and try something else?

It makes me laugh to see people say she's running out of money.  Unless you're her financial advisor, how could you make such claims?

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Not a Lisa follower, but have no reason to believe she's nearing financial ruin.

She must have some $$$ to gamble with...that's what it seems she's doing.  I haven't bought anything she's selling, but many have.  

I think she's testing the waters and if this doesn't pay out....she'll maybe claim a loss on her taxes and try something else?

It makes me laugh to see people say she's running out of money.  Unless you're her financial advisor, how could you make such claims?

A lot of things people post on these forums make me laugh - and SMH, and smile, and gag.  It depends. Life is funny like that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchild 

A lot of things people post on these forums make me laugh - and SMH, and smile, and gag. It depends. Life is funny like that.

I believe you could be right, but who knows.  She is talking about selling clothes, Christmas decorations, etc.   All from her Ipad????  and facebook?????  Goofy if you ask me.  I truely believe she is going to try to be her own shopping channel.   I doubt that would work for her. The shopping channels are struggling from what I understand.  Plus, I haven't liked anything she has shown so far.   You can only sell from your living room and ipad so long.  I like others watched a few of her video's out of curiosity, but I cannot stand to watch them anymore.   Too fake and the Romper Room saying hello to each and everyone is goofy.  For someone that had stalking issues, she constantly has something falling out.  There are also freaky guys on there. You just don't do that when you have been stalked.  I know as I have been stalked also.

Honored Contributor

@Pitzel wrote:

You women sure are catty.  Lisa has a business she wants to be successful.  What's the problem?  You don't believe in the American Dream?  Geez!

It's fascinating isn't it? How this woman can inspire so much ire is anyone's guess.

I congratulate her on starting up her own business. Did I expect a bit more from her? Yes, I did. However, she clearly enjoys what she is doing, she's looking great and it's none of my business whether she didn't get scooped up by a big fashion house or television network.

Valued Contributor

I think what she's doing is exactly what she wants.
She's her own boss, stays home whenever she wants, and lives her life her own way.
No schedule of hard rules to follow and she
certainly is smart and savvy.

I admire her for her courage to get out there and try it!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Respected Contributor

This morning, I played a bit of Lisa's presentation of her jewelry.  I think she needs to work on branding her line.  In order to do this, she must be more disciplined.  If she's going to do these live video chats, including sales presentations, she needs to think more about the set around her.  What does it say about her and her fledgling company?  How does it add to her brand identity?  Does it motivate people to buy and come back or is it disorganized and haphazard?  It seems to me that it's the latter at the moment, as charming as Lisa can be and as nice as some of her jewelry clearly is.

I'm no expert, but I don't see her creating an image, a brand for her product and even her web site.  That is crucial.  All successful brands and companies create an image and a coherent vision in the consumer's mind about what they will find on sale and at what price points.  Going to her web site and products page, listening to her podcasts, and buying from her should be an experience that the consumer seeks out. 

I don't know whether any of this makes sense to anyone else but me, but I think Lisa has to put some thought into the elements of branding going forward.  She also should be less haphazard and casual in her video presentations even if she's just in her own home.  Maybe just lounging on the sofa and chatting isn't the best way to grow her business.