Trusted Contributor

I love my jewelry!  I have really learned to love pearls since I have matured and I have alot, some are real and some are not!  I especially love white pearls!  My favorite metal is gold but I wear some silver also!  I enjoy colored beads in the summer and all my necklaces are between 20 inches and 32 inches!!  Not a lover of colored stones!!  I also love bracelets, but not charm bracelets.  I lean more towards bangles!   I wear hoop earrings every day!!

How about you?

Honored Contributor

Re: LOVE JEWELRY? WHAT TYPE?

I like big bold, sterling jewelry in contemporary, artsy designs if I can find them.  I like large gemstones but not so big they get in the way.  Pearls are my least favorite jewelry.  I see them as being wishy washy with no personality.  They are a birthstone for June, my birth month, and it always makes me mad that I got stuck with THEM.

I've always had a love affair with turquoise but I also love rhodolite garnet.  Have plenty of both.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love semi precious stones handwrapped in wire and artisan pieces.

And I wear a lot of silver and white gold.  Some yellow if I have on brown.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a jewelry person, so anything I buy has to have special meaning to me.  I have a Nicky Butler ring with citrine and sterling silver and some milgrain metalwork that can be interpreted as either a cross or a four-leaf clover.  It's sort of like a talisman, I guess, though I never wear it.  Along those lines, I have a multi-colored pave ring from Heidi Daus in the shape of a butterfly.  I love that too, although, again, I don't wear it.

I also like the Xavier pieces at HSN because they're very Victorian.  I have a couple of their rings with a lot of fancy metal work and small stones, but I wish he'd make them in colored stones.  The look of diamonds is too formal.  Xavier had the most stunning watch a couple of years ago that was deeply discounted (I'd watched it for quite some time), but I passed on it because it was all fake diamonds and just looked too fancy for daily wear.  I would have jumped at it had it been multi-colored like Heidi Daus's stuff.

My favorite is a pair of chunky gold hoop earrings from Technibond.  They're only a 3/4" hoop and IIRC 1/4" wide.  They're nice and chunky, and I love them although I also never wear them either.

I don't buy jewelry anymore because I ask myself if I will actually wear it, and the answer is no.

Valued Contributor

What a beautiful collection, @ECBG!

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

@ECBG  I like your taste in jewelry.  I have a lot in styles similar to yours.  I'm always picking something up at an arts and crafts show.  I see you really like labradorite, as do I.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I love colored gemstones.   Hard to say which is my favorite. I usually save up for a certain stone for a while, then shop until I find exactly what I'm looking for .  

I also love the creations of our local goldsmith.  I have an asymmetrical gold bracelet made by him and I really like that it doesn't roll around.

Respected Contributor

I love all kinds of jewelry as long as it "speaks" to me.

Lately ,though, I care less and less.

Trusted Contributor

Goodness, how I love jewelry!  Over time my tastes have changed somewhat--I went through a ring period, a pearl period and so on.  I'm a gold girl and in recent years I have started adding rose and white gold to my collection.  I've loved colored gemstones for years and there is always something new to add to your collection in gemstones.  It isn't so much a matter of collecting it--I only buy things I can wear so my tastes tend to the classic and understated.  Brooches are my favorite pieces, but almost all jewelry can find its way into my heart.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I love semi precious stones handwrapped in wire and artisan pieces.

And I wear a lot of silver and white gold.  Some yellow if I have on brown.

Love your collection, especially your labradorite, beautiful.  I am finding I like chunky jewelry.  Love Michael V's pieces, some of Barbara Bixby.  Emma Skye stainless steel.  I like jewelry that has some weight to it but comfortable.