Respected Contributor

After an exhaustive search, I called the insurance company today to file a claim on my wedding set.  I appreciate all of the wishes and prayers for finding my rings.  Now we, DH and I, have to decide how to replace this set.  After 44 years of marriage, along with a nice jewelry selection absent these rings, I am not inclined to make the huge investment on new "real diamonds".  Do any of you have any experience with 14KT "faux diamonds" that don't look "faux" or is that even possible?  I am still sick over this loss and would give anything to have them back.  Maybe they will show up in the future, but my hope is gone.   Thanks again for all of the support and suggestions.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: LOST WEDDING SET....Part 2

@Hoovermom 

I'm so sorry you haven't found your rings, I know that the sentimental value alone is the biggest loss for you.

But you know how Murphy's Law is, now that you've filed an insurance claim, they may show up, don't stop looking!

There's always hope!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom 

I’m sad They haven’t shown up.

Because I travel out of the country, and like too wear my rings I had a duplicate ‘travel’ set made with moissanite. 

Honestly, I got them out of place once and couldn’t tell which was which.

Then I remembered my wedding set is 18k and The Moissanite set is in 14k.

I purchased the stones from Charles & Colvard, BrilliantEarth also has a nice selection.  Both at (.) com.

Will keep hoping your rings appear.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hoovermom   So sorry for your loss, I know it's a precious sentiment that can't be replaced.  Given that you don't want to spend the major investment, you might want to look at moissanite,  check out Charles & Colvard.  You can buy the top grade approximately 2-3K and it will look like you purchased top quality diamonds.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe   I was posting the same suggestion while you were!  Like mindsSmiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

My heart goes out to you!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Jeepers, I was just wondering about you today, whether you had found them or not. So happy you posted. But so NOT happy you didn't find them. I understand how upsetting this has been to you, losing something so meaningful. On the bright side, you still have the man who gave them to you!

Respected Contributor

A co-worker of mine lost a ring that her terminally ill husband had someone make for her.  She spent a Saturday searching her office cubicle and the parking lot.  Couldn't find it.  On Monday morning I was putting my lunch in the office refrigerator.  I opened the crisper and heard a thud.  Wondering what the sound was I pulled out the crisper and lo and behold there was the ring.  Have you looked throuout your refrigerator and freezer?

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Hoovermom 

I'm so sorry you haven't found your rings, I know that the sentimental value alone is the biggest loss for you.

But you know how Murphy's Law is, now that you've filed an insurance claim, they may show up, don't stop looking!

There's always hope!

@KingstonsMom :  Thank you.  I caught DH snooping around and asked him what he was doing.....yes, he's still looking for my set.  He's the best.   I hope they do show up.

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Hoovermom 

I’m sad They haven’t shown up.

Because I travel out of the country, and like too wear my rings I had a duplicate ‘travel’ set made with moissanite. 

Honestly, I got them out of place once and couldn’t tell which was which.

Then I remembered my wedding set is 18k and The Moissanite set is in 14k.

I purchased the stones from Charles & Colvard, BrilliantEarth also has a nice selection.  Both at (.) com.

Will keep hoping your rings appear.

@Drythe :  I'm sad too....thanks for the suggestions for the replacement set.  Thanks for your kindness.