Valued Contributor

LISA MASON is ON JTV with Love More

A Friend let me know, and I tuned in to about the last l5 min. of the show.

Jen was hosting the show.  I liked what I saw.  She is using Bella, and had

some pretty things!  Also, using gold over silver and a two tone that is pretty.

Respected Contributor

Re: LISA MASON is ON JTV with Love More

I have never heard of ''JTV" !!  I'll have to look for it - thanks for the heads up.  I'd be interested in knowing if any of your thread followers have purchased jewelry from them in the past and how their experience was.

Regular Contributor

I first purchased from JTV about a yr ago - was looking for simulated tanzanite and the Q wasn't carrying any.  VERY nice items.  When they have items which they are showing on air there are special price reductions and you can get some fabulous deals.  Everything from high high end diamonds and moissanite to simulants, lab created, gold over silver, 14-18kt gold.  I really like their Bali line and have picked up some stunning pieces on sale.  Just picked up a simulated morganite in rose gold over silver and it's beautiful. The quality is top notch and when you realize what you can get for a lower price point than the Q you probably won't be purchasing from the Q for jewelry unless there's a certain designer you "must" have.  If you purchase online, $49 and above receives free shipping (that may just be a special they're running lately).   I find the best prices are on the pieces when they are currently airing them and sometimes the pricing is for that show only, so I check back every now and then to see what they're featuring.  Highly recommend them.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm probably the only person in the world who couldn't take listening to her for very long when she was a Q host. She seemed to be a lovely lady but she laid the southern drawl thing on so thick you could cut it with a knife. And the Honey's and the Sweetie's and the use of what were to her important sounding words (for lack of a better way to describe it) that made no sense in the context she was using them. (kind of like Shawn does). But those qualities that were annoying to me are probably the same ones that made her so well loved by so many. In her brief return to the Q a few years ago unfortunately for her and for her many devoted fans some health issue prevented her from becoming a regular host again.

Esteemed Contributor

Shaggygirl - Agree - that sugar and spice became too much. 

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@fthunt

Whew, thanks. I thought for sure I was in for a verbal beating for those comments. Still might get one but at least I know I have one person in agreement with me.

Respected Contributor

There are some very pretty pieces in Lisa Mason's collection. I bought a pair of her earrings back in the fall. I only wore them about three times when a stone fell out - just over a month since I ordered them so I couldn't return them.

I happened to purchase them on October 24; their extended holiday return policy didn't start until October 26, so technically I couldn't take advantage of it. I called their CS and explained what happened. They were adamant that it was past the 30 day return policy and I couldn't return them. I said how much I loved the earrings and wanted to exchange them for another pair. It happened to be my first purchase with them and I stated that I could understand how maybe a stone could fall out from a ring or a bracelet because of the wear and tear that they endure, but it shouldn't happen with an earring. 

Maybe because it was my first order, or because I narrowly missed the extended return policy, or maybe because I didn't want a refund but an exchange, the CS rep said I could return them and that they would waive the 25% restocking fee; they also sent me a postage paid return label.

The second pair came and wouldn't you know it, the leverback is flawed and doesn't quite close all the way. I wasn't about to go through the hassle of returning them (or ordering a third pair) so I kept them. The back closes enough so I won't lose the earring.

Maybe it was just dumb luck that I happened to receive two flawed pieces, but I'm kind of leery about ordering anything in Lisa's line again.

Respected Contributor

JTV has some very excellent jewelry, and some terrific pricing. I’ve been ordering with them for over 15 years.

Their diamonds are often not white or clean. Their 14 k pieces, few and far between are real buys.

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@fthunt

Whew, thanks. I thought for sure I was in for a verbal beating for those comments. Still might get one but at least I know I have one person in agreement with me.

No, you two are not alone.  She was never one of my favorite hosts to listen to.

I know she was very beloved by viewers and I always wondered why.  Her over the top sweetness seemed disingenuous to me, and maybe because every once in a while, she would make some semi-sarcastic remark, very subtle even, but it seemed to me she was letting her true feelings about her audience, the callers, her job in general slip out.

Maybe it was my imagination, we don't know what these hosts are really like as people, it's all just a guess, but I don't think Lisa Mason liked her job at all.

Honored Contributor

@lmt.  Those leverbacks can easily be adjusted.  I got some jeweler's tools in the craft department at Walmart, and find I can adjust and repair all sorts of things on my jewelry.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment