Honored Contributor

LARGEST JEWELRY SALE OF THE YEAR

[ Edited ]

....but on December 20th. There's not a shot in heck purchases will arrive for the holidays. What's the point of waiting until the week of Hanukkah and Christmas? Who decided to fit that 24 hrs. into the programming?

Valued Contributor

Re: LARGEST JEWELRY SALE OF THE YEAR

Thanks for the heads up! I have a couple of things on my wish list.  Seems like I saw somewhere on the boards that the Q was not going to be doing much if any jewelry anymore.  Who knows.

Honored Contributor

@coconut1818   During those few days, looking ahead, I saw Judith Ripka, Jai, Honora, Italian Jewelry, Affinity Diamonds, Gemstone Jewelry & Vault Discoveries. 

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe we can order for next Christmas!!!   LOL, should be delivered by Easter or so......

Honored Contributor

Ahhhhh; so this must be the "desperate husbands" show...

"Honey, pick out whatever you want!!!!!!", he says in a panicked voice....

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  THANKS for posting this!😘  I don't watch, but I'll for sure check it out online.  I agree the timing is DUMB, but I will take a jewelry bargain anytime I can get it!

Valued Contributor

I think it is because we are supposed to be done with our shopping for others by then and ready to reward ourselves. 

libby's folly
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is vintage QVC. They do it every year. They push gobs of junk, 'pracitcal presents', socks, electronics, food, pajamas, 'for the kitchen', and so on and on and on for six months, declaring them to be great gifts, and then they throw in a jewelry show at the last minute... No wonder their sales have fallen off... They keep doing the same thing, pushing the same stale merchandise, and expect a different outcome... Someone needs to wake up the corner offices in West Chester...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

This is vintage QVC. They do it every year. They push gobs of junk, 'pracitcal presents', socks, electronics, food, pajamas, 'for the kitchen', and on and on and on for six months, declaring them to be great gifts, and then they throw in a jewelry show at the last minute... No wonder their sales have fallen off... They keep doing the same thing, pushing the same stale merchandise, and expect a different outcome... Someone needs to wake up the corner offices in West Chester...

@stevieb Your post is so accurate!  Since Black Friday the same gifts have been recycled in different shows on several occassions.  If anyone honestly wanted to present a piece of jewelry as a gift they will probably not want to take the chance of ordering it on 12/20.  Speaking personally I bought beautiful earrings for my dil from Macy's during their big Friends & Family event.  I enjoy jewelry shows at the Q even if I'm not buying.  I miss the frequecy of them for sure.

Honored Contributor

I see Rick has a big jewelry show at the crack of dawn on the 20th.

like 2a.m.

I was thinking they always mess around till Jan. and have the gold show on. I am glad they got it before Christmas this yr.

I"m a fool for gold !