Occasional Contributor

Well, it seems another of ShopHQ's legacy brands have left for HSN. They're having their first show at 3PM Tuesday, December 14.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kwan Dynasty moved to HSN

@Avril B wrote:

Well, it seems another of ShopHQ's legacy brands have left for HSN. They're having their first show at 3PM Tuesday, December 14.

I just turned to it.  Wow I can't believe it.  All the good vendors are leaving.  No wonder I am not watching shoHq anymore, however if you love gold and diamonds those shows are on all the time.  Even the good hosts are gone, I guess they are trying to change completely.  Can't remember last time I ordered anything from them.  I keep waiting for Victoria Wieck to leave.  She is rarely on and when she is it is an hour.  

Honored Contributor

wow, Roz Kwan and famiy have been with SHQ for years, one by one they are all gone from there. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

wow, Roz Kwan and famiy have been with SHQ for years, one by one they are all gone from there. 

I know I believe she was there when her son was a kid.  He is grown and married now.  If I remember I think Sarah was the first host to leave and then the they totally ruined the Sat. fashion show with Erin, even one of the popular models left.  I am glad these people are showing up at HSN.  I do enjoy HSN lately.  I have been watching this evening jewelry shows.  Nice pieces from different vendors.

Esteemed Contributor

I had never seen this Kwan line and it was so nice and refreshing to see a new line.  I don't watch ShopHQ, just QVC and HSN.  I am watching HSN much more recently. I enjoyed all the jewelry shows that were on yesterday.  I especially like to watch colleen Lopez.

Honored Contributor

I saw that--I believe the Kwans live in Seattle--so   I enjoy watching them as I live close by. I once bought a gorgeous soft pink pearl earrings, necklace set  to give to my new SIL on her wedding day  a few years ago---it was on sale for an incredible price---really a lovely set of pearls.

Respected Contributor

I like the Kwan family, but I do not wear pearls or jade that much.

Last year during the pandemic, jewelry vendors were rarely featured on ShopHQ.  I think many of them became upset, which is why there was a bit of an exodus.

I am stunned the Kwans left ShopHQ, but maybe they think their items will sell better elsewhere, just like Michael Valitutti left last year. Chuck also departed, and has kind of gone off the radar.

Now that the economy has improved, more people seem to be spending money on jewelry again. I do see that Stefano is as popular as ever on ShopHQ.

I also really, really miss the high quality jewelry vendors who departed HSN, especially Michael Anthony, Gold and Diamond Source, and Amedeo.  I rarely buy any jewelry from HSN any more--it is overpriced and the designs are lacking.

Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper 

Any idea why Michael Anthony and Amedeo are gone?

Seems they were on a lot back in the day.   I no longer watch, so had no idea. 

Just curious.