Respected Contributor

Hi! I just wanted to let everyone know in case they have been looking for something in kunzite, that there is a 7.5 ct kunzite trillion cut ring that looks to be of good color on the Southern Channel. It is set in silver. It is item number 322-101.

Honored Contributor

Loved it, until I noticed the price. I know Kunzite is expensive, but I won't pay that much for sterling.

Super Contributor
On 2/17/2014 depglass said:

I won't pay that much for sterling.

I know! When did silver get so expensive?

Respected Contributor

I am not happy about the price, either. I think it may be worth it if the stone, a considerable 7.5 carat size stone, has decent color to it. If not, it will be as boring and undesirable as the other two kunzite rings I had to return over the last two years. I would really like to have one kunzite ring in my collection. The ring can be either silver or gold. The stone, however, has to be one that has some kind of color to it, or I might as well just wear a white topaz or clear quartz ring I already own, and save a lot of money.

I was so disappointed in the rings I tried from two other lines of jewelry. One was a Michael V. piece, with absolutely no color (and an even higher price tag) set in silver, too, and the other was a generic ring which also had no color.

I am not asking for top of the line, super exclusive color that would cost in the thousands of dollars, but some color would be nice! It is supposed to be a lilac/pink color stone, right? LOL. I am hoping the Victoria W. ring will be the one. I also like the fact that the stone in this ring is a trillion shape, and not the usual oval shape. I think it will either be a dud, or be dynamite. Hoping for the latter.

Honored Contributor

Have your ever tried Kunzite from Chuck Clemency? His is usually in gold. Maybe this is just a stone I will never own, I hate that colorless stuff they pass off also. I will be looking for your review. If its good color I can only hope they feature it at a reduced price eventually.

Respected Contributor

Have your ever tried Kunzite from Chuck Clemency? His is usually in gold. Maybe this is just a stone I will never own, I hate that colorless stuff they pass off also. I will be looking for your review. If its good color I can only hope they feature it at a reduced price eventually.

Hi, Depglass. I have not tried Kunzite from Chuck's line yet. Every time I think I will order one of his Kunzite rings on discount, I find in the reviews that the stones do not have good color. I have and really like two Morganite rings I have from Chuck.

I am beginning to feel as you do-- that I will never own a semi-decent looking kunzite ring. Mind you, that would not be the end of the world. I sometimes feel I am wasting my time even trying to find one. I will let you know what I think when I lay eyes on this one. Here's hoping my quest has ended. Pink is my favorite color, and I think that is why I would like to own this particular gemstone.

Honored Contributor

Only Chuck's very expensive Kunzite has good color. Anything under $1000 doesn't. It took me a few tries to realize that....I ended up with a real stunner though. It's $1600+ but I got it on OTO a year or two ago....undergallery, heavy gold setting, nice 5ct stone with superb color.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your response, CalminTheHeart. I guess good things come to those who wait (for it to go on sale, of course.) I will do that, if the Victoria W. kunzite ring turns out not to be "the one."

I am glad you finally found a really nice one.

Super Contributor

Kunzite fades, and I wonder if that's the problem. Maybe the rings look great initially, but they fade to looking nearly clear.

Rose de France amethyst is almost the same color.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, Ennui. I think the other reason I like kunzite so much is that it has a higher refractive index than quartz, so if it is cut well, it looks quite ethereal and sparkly. Well- faceted kunzite has an almost magical quality that reminds me of the sun reflecting off of white powdery snow. I wish Rose de France would quench my desire to own a kunzite stone, especially considering the price differential. Well, I may just give up my search after I see this VW ring, if it isn't what I hope it will be.