Honored Contributor

Re: Klondike Gold Rush - August 17

[ Edited ]

@gabstoomuch wrote:

The TSV ring is "made only for QVC". That statement makes me cringe.

I have this ring from back in the 90's. Back then "satin lame" was a denser, tighter weave of the gold bars. It did not have as much play in the flexibility, and you could not see through the dome of the ring. This is not the real satin lame (as it was before).

First thing I noticed was A) it is not as wide (top to bottom) than the original; B) it has lots of space between the bars; C) the gold bars appear much thinner and D) You will never see this out in the market place tells me it is a cheapened version of what IG used to make.

It is a pretty ring, especially for someone who has never had any IG jewlery. Price is not bad.

I can clearly see the difference between then and now (or rather "made especially for QVC).

Just a warning for those that indulge. IG rings are notorious for making pulls on anything you touch. Sweaters, lace, stockings, rubbing your hand on a couch cover, just about anything made of fabic. Even catches in your hair of you are running your fingers through.

That does get to be annoying, so just a heads up. ALL IG jewelry has lots of catch points, but bracelets and necklaces are not in contact with fabrics as a ring is.

@gabstoomuch I listened to Linda last night describe the new process they used to make the TSV ring. I don't know if that's how all IG is made today or just the TSV???

She said it's not soldered like it used to be. All those little balls of gold on the ends are pins of gold going thru the ring then they force it with some kind of I think she said water torch that makes the gold expand to make those balls on the ends to hold it together. On the part where the flexible part meats the solid part of the band it's now flexible there instead of being soldered. Sounds too me like you would use a lot less gold in this process. Did I explain that where it makes sense?  LOL!!! They showed a video of the process. Just saw it again. Have you seen it?

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Since QVC can't bother putting prices on their items....I have no desire to look.....I am not 'clicking' on each and every item I want to look at just to see a price.

@Mom2Dogs ITA!!! I was just looking. Why do we have to click on each item to see the price. That's not going to make us buy it. If anything I would think you would lose sales.

Respected Contributor

Who is the gold buyer now? Since David M is gone there is a parade of guests today coming and going.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz, I did call customer service and ask about why the prices were missing and she said she could see pricing and had no idea why I could not.  I did mention that it was discussed on the forums and she was surprised but did say she would send IT a message to let them know.

I have been gone all day and just checked pricing on the recently on air items, still no prices.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm, I bought the solid gold band, no gem stones. Let me know if you decide on one and what color gemstone you pick 

Update:  My ring already shipped, can't wait to receive it