Regular Contributor

Re: Klondike Gold Rush - August 17

Type sale price into the search bar ~ items are showing up. I tried it this morning and there were 18 pages of items, both new and not so new.  I saw a simple band ring this morning.  Not sure if it's what you had in mind.  Happy shopping!

Honored Contributor

Yay ! Antonella is up first. She's my fav jewelry host.

Esteemed Contributor

I can only imagine how expensive everything will be.  

Valued Contributor

Why does that guy have to be on the shows. It's annoying.

Trusted Contributor

The TSV ring is "made only for QVC". That statement makes me cringe.

I have this ring from back in the 90's. Back then "satin lame" was a denser, tighter weave of the gold bars. It did not have as much play in the flexibility, and you could not see through the dome of the ring. This is not the real satin lame (as it was before).

First thing I noticed was A) it is not as wide (top to bottom) than the original; B) it has lots of space between the bars; C) the gold bars appear much thinner and D) You will never see this out in the market place tells me it is a cheapened version of what IG used to make.

It is a pretty ring, especially for someone who has never had any IG jewlery. Price is not bad.

I can clearly see the difference between then and now (or rather "made especially for QVC).

Just a warning for those that indulge. IG rings are notorious for making pulls on anything you touch. Sweaters, lace, stockings, rubbing your hand on a couch cover, just about anything made of fabic. Even catches in your hair of you are running your fingers through.

That does get to be annoying, so just a heads up. ALL IG jewelry has lots of catch points, but bracelets and necklaces are not in contact with fabrics as a ring is.

Respected Contributor

Don't care much for the TSV.  I have one pair of earrings from before.  They are kite shaped with a lever back.  I got many compliments on them.

I bought the smaller version, but would LOVE to have the larger version now.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Since QVC can't bother putting prices on their items....I have no desire to look.....I am not 'clicking' on each and every item I want to look at just to see a price.

Honored Contributor

I like Alberti very much as a host. Pleasant and educated to his products

I thought that one model could had dressed better for her presentation of real gold jewelry especially the Imperial Gold items. She looked like she was going to pick up the kids at school.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased the Peter Thomas Roth 18k solid ring. That will be my one item for the day. 

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

I purchased the Peter Thomas Roth 18k solid ring. That will be my one item for the day. 

PTR's rings are very pretty.  Good pick!  I'd never seen anything of his jewelry line until this morning. 

From what I understand his family was in the jewelry business?  Just caught the end of Pat explaining that.

Loved the 18K choice, loved the comfortable looking fit, the stones were very pretty and substantial.

I may ponder over the next few hours over one of his rings---the only thing that has stood out to me so far.

I've only watched a total of 20-25 mins total today.