Super Contributor

Re: Kirks Folly closing their doors... It's over.

I'm going to email Jenniefer and ask about that.

Super Contributor

I got a reply from Jenniefer. She said that she will not be doing any more London shows, that was the last one. She did say that Kaena will continue the Dreamkeeper shows and she hoped to make a visit there once in a while.

I'm not sure what that meant, about the Dreamkeeper shows. Anyone have any idea?

Sorry, I'm not computer savvy enough to be able to transfer the email over here.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember when Judy Crowell used to dress up in those silly outfits to present this line. I didn't even know they still sold it.

Regular Contributor

Thank you Peach and Crow Haven for such wonderful posts. I hope there are so many blessings to come for these nice ladies. I will miss Jenniefer and Helen. Such great people. I will cherish the pieces I have of KF and remember them always. One of my favorite shows was when Patty went to Jenniefer's home. So beautiful there. I can see where her enchantment comes from with that beautiful moon and water. She is a beautiful lady inside and out and I will so miss her. I hope she will still be available to us either on facebook or somewhere that we can keep in touch and shower her with the love we have for her.

Valued Contributor

On 10/4/2014 moongirl said:

LuckyPeach,

What memories you triggered. My daughter who is now 30, use to love to watch those beautiful Kirk Follies shows on QVC , when she was a little girl.

A very thoughtful post~ It was fun, wasn't it?

moongirl

Moongirl, thanks for your post. Yes, it was so much fun! I bet your daughter did love the shows--they were so well produced--like transporting us into another world of fairies, good dreams and positivity. I'm thinking that posters who haven't seen one of the programs won't understand just how special they were!!

Crowhaven, thanks for sharing. Am not surprised Jenniefer and the family and the workers are inundated with orders and working hard to make sure everything is correct. I remember specifically the first Q cruise they did in September '96 in the Bahamas and being told how much work it was to get a truck, pack it in Rhode Island and drive it down to Florida so they would have all the merchandise to put on the cruise ship. Massive amounts of labor to make sure everything they needed for the cruise would come off well. We all shopped out brains out and it was so successful, they did a week-long cruise in 2000 in the Western Caribbean that was even more fun! They called everyone who went on the first cruise and spent time figuring out what worked, what didn't and how they could improve it. I remember being on the phone at least an hour going over the first cruise with KF staff. For both cruises we had KF t-shirts, KF tote bags and lots of exclusive goodies inside to take home. Cannot express how much I am going to miss KF and the family....

Issiestorm, Kaena's Dreamkeeper shows refer to loose, beautiful jacket tops she had on the Q here and in England. I hope the family expands and keeps selling them.

I also have to comment on the discussion on the general trend we've been seeing world-wide of a reversal of valuing women due to conservative religions and politics. It does seem like we have lost a lot of ground legally over the past couple decades in particular. That's why it is so important to vote for those who support women and don't suppress them! Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 10/5/2014 Luv Chanel and Ripka said:

Thank you Peach and Crow Haven for such wonderful posts. I hope there are so many blessings to come for these nice ladies. I will miss Jenniefer and Helen. Such great people. I will cherish the pieces I have of KF and remember them always. One of my favorite shows was when Patty went to Jenniefer's home. So beautiful there. I can see where her enchantment comes from with that beautiful moon and water. She is a beautiful lady inside and out and I will so miss her. I hope she will still be available to us either on facebook or somewhere that we can keep in touch and shower her with the love we have for her.

Luv Chanel and Ripka~ Thanks for your kindness and I totally agree with every word of your post. Jenniefer and Helen and the rest of the Kirk family are exactly as you say and I do pray she keeps in touch. It would be so lovely for them to continue the Dreamkeeper jackets with Jenniefer's daughter, Kaena.

What a tough month it has been, with losing Joan and now the KF business! Take care~Peach

Frequent Contributor

Peach -- Oh those events must have been incredibly fun! I wish I could have attended one!

The positivity, love, fun, warmth and hope that just gleamed forth from Jen and family on the shows was so wonderful to behold... This world can always use more of that positivity. I agree, too, that getting out and voting for those who appreciate women and don't suppress them is important. We are strong...and we are wise.

Super Contributor

On 10/5/2014 LuckyPeach said:
On 10/4/2014 moongirl said:

LuckyPeach,

What memories you triggered. My daughter who is now 30, use to love to watch those beautiful Kirk Follies shows on QVC , when she was a little girl.

A very thoughtful post~ It was fun, wasn't it?

moongirl

I also have to comment on the discussion on the general trend we've been seeing world-wide of a reversal of valuing women due to conservative religions and politics. It does seem like we have lost a lot of ground legally over the past couple decades in particular. That's why it is so important to vote for those who support women and don't suppress them! Take care~Peach

Just to comment on your last paragraph...

It's not a matter of physical gender. There are many women who physically are female, and some (if not all) of the reason they got in power, if they are in power, is because they thought like a man (in regard to issues pertaining to women). Women should not vote for women just because they are women. The best person, regardless of gender, should be discerned. A vote should not be an obligation toward a self-imposed or peer-imposed fulfillment of some hope and dream for a specific gender in office. There is no truth that a candidate, simply being a female, will be the best choice for specifically women--just because they have matching body parts, does not mean they "think" the same.

Also, as for watching the Kirks Folly shows. Smile They were rich with symbolism, on many levels…even the quiet ones.

Frequent Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} So true, ical, so true!

Super Contributor

Thank you LuckyPeach for answering my question about the Dreamkeepers.