Contributor

Re: Kirks Folly closing their doors... It's over.

Can you please post the link to that page, I can't find it.On 10/3/2014 ginbug said:
On 9/30/2014 Shogirl said:

I'm just sick to read this -

I've been with them since they first started and have a huge collection. There's no one else who makes jewelry and decorations like they do.

I'm so sad.

I feel exactly the same!! Check out kirks folly fantasy on facebook. It is a brand new page for fans to connect to others that share the same interests to chat and/or buy, sell, & especially trade w/ each other!

Valued Contributor

On 10/5/2014 ical said:
On 10/5/2014 LuckyPeach said:
On 10/4/2014 moongirl said:

LuckyPeach,

What memories you triggered. My daughter who is now 30, use to love to watch those beautiful Kirk Follies shows on QVC , when she was a little girl.

A very thoughtful post~ It was fun, wasn't it?

moongirl

I also have to comment on the discussion on the general trend we've been seeing world-wide of a reversal of valuing women due to conservative religions and politics. It does seem like we have lost a lot of ground legally over the past couple decades in particular. That's why it is so important to vote for those who support women and don't suppress them! Take care~Peach

Just to comment on your last paragraph...

It's not a matter of physical gender. There are many women who physically are female, and some (if not all) of the reason they got in power, if they are in power, is because they thought like a man (in regard to issues pertaining to women). Women should not vote for women just because they are women. The best person, regardless of gender, should be discerned. A vote should not be an obligation toward a self-imposed or peer-imposed fulfillment of some hope and dream for a specific gender in office. There is no truth that a candidate, simply being a female, will be the best choice for specifically women--just because they have matching body parts, does not mean they "think" the same.

Also, as for watching the Kirks Folly shows. Smile They were rich with symbolism, on many levels…even the quiet ones.

Ical, hello and thanks for your post and thoughtful comments. Sorry if there was any confusion, but when I wrote "those" as in voting for those who support women's issues, there was purposely no gender mentioned, because there are those of both genders in politics who can and do support women's issues.

And ITA about Kirks Folly symbolism! Best wishes~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 10/5/2014 CrowHaven said:

Peach -- Oh those events must have been incredibly fun! I wish I could have attended one!

The positivity, love, fun, warmth and hope that just gleamed forth from Jen and family on the shows was so wonderful to behold... This world can always use more of that positivity. I agree, too, that getting out and voting for those who appreciate women and don't suppress them is important. We are strong...and we are wise.

CrowHaven! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} ~Peach

Super Contributor

On 10/5/2014 ical said:
On 10/4/2014 moongirl said:

LuckyPeach,

What memories you triggered. My daughter who is now 30, use to love to watch those beautiful Kirk Follies shows on QVC , when she was a little girl.

A very thoughtful post~ It was fun, wasn't it?

moongirl

I also have to comment on the discussion on the general trend we've been seeing world-wide of a reversal of valuing women due to conservative religions and politics. It does seem like we have lost a lot of ground legally over the past couple decades in particular. That's why it is so important to vote for those who support women and don't suppress them! Take care~Peach

Just to comment on your last paragraph...

It's not a matter of physical gender. There are many women who physically are female, and some (if not all) of the reason they got in power, if they are in power, is because they thought like a man (in regard to issues pertaining to women). Women should not vote for women just because they are women. The best person, regardless of gender, should be discerned. A vote should not be an obligation toward a self-imposed or peer-imposed fulfillment of some hope and dream for a specific gender in office. There is no truth that a candidate, simply being a female, will be the best choice for specifically women--just because they have matching body parts, does not mean they "think" the same.

Also, as for watching the Kirks Folly shows. Smile They were rich with symbolism, on many levels…even the quiet ones.

Ical, hello and thanks for your post and thoughtful comments. Sorry if there was any confusion, but when I wrote "those" as in voting for those who support women's issues, there was purposely no gender mentioned, because there are those of both genders in politics who can and do support women's issues.

And ITA about Kirks Folly symbolism! Best wishes~Peach

I was commenting to add to that discussion. Not specifically for what was said inside your paragraph.

You wrote that your last paragraph was: to comment on the discussion on the general trend we've been seeing world-wide of a reversal of valuing women

As I wrote, I wanted to: Just to comment on your last paragraph...

Smile

Respected Contributor

I was sad to read this--I'd been tempted to buy that moon set for a while. I thought their jewelry had a lot more detail and interest than a lot of the fashion lines. The charm bracelets are amazing. Very sad news.

Contributor

Can anyone post a link to that new fb page? And what is Jenifer's email?

Valued Contributor

On 10/5/2014 Luv Chanel and Ripka said:

One of my favorite shows was when Patty went to Jenniefer's home. So beautiful there. I can see where her enchantment comes from with that beautiful moon and water.

Wow, it is beautiful isn't it? I just looked up her house on street view and took a virtual stroll down the road.

What a great spot!

Frequent Contributor

On 10/6/2014 miss got rocks said:

Try this --

https://www.facebook.com/KirksFolly

Super Contributor

On 10/6/2014 CrowHaven said:

Try this --

I don't use Facebook, but after I get my orders shipped I am going to thank them all at Kirks Folly!

Frequent Contributor

On 10/6/2014 ical said:
On 10/6/2014 CrowHaven said:

Try this --

I don't use Facebook, but after I get my orders shipped I am going to thank them all at Kirks Folly!

I don't use FB either, I won't register with them, but the link does allow you to view the page and all postings and photos, you just can't post without belonging. I sent off cards to the Kirks today through snail mail. Smile