Trusted Contributor

Re: Kind of Jewelry You Never Wear

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I saw a advertisement for a site that made rings by using a passed loved one's molar teeth.  

Not me at all!

This Woman's Engagement Ring Is Her Fiancé's Wisdom Tooth | Tooth ring,  Teeth jewelry, Womens engagement rings

That's disgusting! I think it's worse than wearing someone's ashes around your neck which is pretty bad in itself. 

I couldn't agree with you ladies more!!  Something about wearing teeth, ashes or any other human remain  just doesn't sit well with me.  I remember hearing years ago that Angelina Jolie & Billy Bob Thornton each wore a vial of each other's blood when they were married.......ugh

Honored Contributor

anything faux--metal, stones, pearls,

no bracelets or watches or rings--hands/fingers  are just plain ugly and don't want to highlight them

oversized or long dangling earrings--

Respected Contributor

I never wear dangle earrings......I like them on other people....just not me.

Valued Contributor

@nova wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:
ECBG wrote:

I saw a advertisement for a site that made rings by using a passed loved one's molar teeth.  

That's disgusting! I think it's worse than wearing someone's ashes around your neck which is pretty bad in itself. 

I couldn't agree with you ladies more!!  Something about wearing teeth, ashes or any other human remain  just doesn't sit well with me.  I remember hearing years ago that Angelina Jolie & Billy Bob Thornton each wore a vial of each other's blood when they were married.......ugh

I was going to say I don't wear large rings because I have small hands with short fingers.  My mom said our hands were genetically engineered to hold scrub brushes.  However I have just changed my response to say I will never wear jewelry with teeth in the setting.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I never wear semiprecious gems.  Hate them.  Cabochon is another type of jewelry I despise.  Anything that is popular & women like, I don't.  Tanzanite, Paraba, etc.  Sterling silver.  I don't like to take care of jewelry to make it shine.  I think tarnishing is ugly.  Don't like to touch any kind of jewelry in that state. Even to clean it.

Costume jewelry, plastic beads, cheap junkie stuff. I want something real.  Not artificial.  Gold plating.  When I want gold, it has to be solid through and through.  Horrible metal hidden under silver plating like Brass, Bronze, copper.

Respected Contributor

I can't wear a wrist watch. It always stops working after wearing it for a day or two.  I must have some weird electromagentic field or something. 

I have a large collection of earrings of all kinds.  I like beaded braclets not bangles.  I also like long necklaces.  Most of my jewelry is inexpensive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No more earrings for me.  I was never comfortable in them and my holes closed.  I just don't bother with them.  They just sit in the jewelry box.  Fortunately, I never had a lot of them. What I do wear a lot are bracelets. And I never stack them.  Just one on one arm.

Oh and because I'm left handed, I've never worn a watch in my life. Cell phones are a god send because of this.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy or wear trendy pieces or costume jewery.  I just wear the nice pieces I have.  

Respected Contributor

I never did like -

Dangle earrings.

I like studs and medium hoops.

Statement necklaces or beaded necklaces.

I like a chain, with or without a pendant.

I seem to be going back to liking simpler designs over last few years anyhow.

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

I won't wear big bold statement necklaces or small stud earrings.  I also don't care for various holiday jewelery. 

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown