Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kind of Jewelry You Never Wear

@Kachina624  You made me LOL again!  I was thinking "what??"  regarding the mouse post.....

Anyway,  I mostly wear everything but haven't done well with my necklaces, especially in the summer as they just for some reason make me feel hot.  Thanks for reminding me about them though, I am going to get on that.  Costume is a no for me !!   

Super Contributor

Gold jewelry, heavy earrings, ankle bracelets, grew up w/turquoise/silver and never got onto gold. I love it on others though.

Esteemed Contributor

I won't wear any "big" necklaces or bracelets or earrings or rings.  I think they would all get in my way.  And if a necklace is too big, it may weigh down on my neck and bother me.

I won't wear beaded necklaces if my hair will wrap around the bead in the back of my neck.

I will wear cuffs but not bangles as they are usually round and get in my way.

I also don't wear big hoops or earrings that dangle too much for fear they will get caught on something and my earlobe will rip.

I love to wear pendants on chains or cords, smooth rings and bracelets, and smaller earrings.  It is a good thing I can eliminate jewelry based on my likes and I am less tempted by so many things.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

I do not like to wear heavy necklaces. One time I saw a necklace by Joar Rivers and I purchased it.

I wore it only once and since then, its in my jewelry armoire hanging.

Its too heavy for me, my neck got very hot that day I wore it.

So no heavy necklaces for me!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

I had to read through thread to be reminded of what I don't like.  Staement necklaces, large hoops, any heavy earrings that will stretch out the holes.  Watch is a must, it drives me crazy not to know what time it is.  I have clocks by each TV so I can judge how the plot is going on a show.   Everything else is fine, I've even relaxed my no costume jewelry rule in the last couple years.  I buy a lot at local auction and some lots have costume included.  Turns out some is not so bad.  Surprise of the thread, I thought everyone loved turquoise and looked good in it.  

Super Contributor

Oh my gosh I can relate to your comment about arthritis. I have it as well and it sometimes makes it almost impossible to put things on and then the discofort of wearing it. Wishing you the best! 

Trusted Contributor

I can't say there's any kind that I don't wear.  However, I do not really like the long necklaces.  They seem to get in the way of the keyboard/desk at work.  I do have a few that I wear when I dress up.

Honored Contributor

The only jewelry I wear are earrings in my 5 holes and I used to wear ankle bracelets.  Other than that I do not like any other jewelry as I don't like how it feels and it gets in my way.

Valued Contributor

1. I have a lot of silver jewelry that just sits in a protector. I hate the maintenance and polishing of silver. By itself, it seems rather bland to me. I bought many items years and years ago and would not buy silver now. I do like marcasite and silver jewelry and have a few pieces.

2. I have gold and precious gem jewelry my mother gave to me with diamonds, sapphires, emeralds, and rubies. I'm just afraid of losing them, so they stay tucked away as well. 

Respected Contributor

i dislike stud earrings. i avoid any earrings with posts. they bother the back of my ear by my neck when i am on the phone.  there are a few exceptions.

i have some long necklaces i rarely wear. they are fine for standing still but just walking around but they swing and weigh on my neck.

i like yellow gold, white gold, rose gold or silver.  i have fun with my jewelry.  i can wear fine jewelry or costume, it depends on my mood and outfit.

i've given up earrings now while masks are required.