Respected Contributor

Re: Kind of Jewelry You Never Wear

[ Edited ]

No white metal. I don't like it. I have a watch that is two-toned silver and gold and that's the ONLY white metal I wear. Of course there's prong work on my rings that's in white metal, but it's really not noticeable. 

No costume jewelery. Just don't like the look of it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

I never wear earrings.  Have long hair and they get caught when combing.  Also spent a large part of my working life on the phone and earrings got in the way.

I do wear jewelry everyday.  A couple rings, necklace and bracelets.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624   I'm sure she is referring to the computer mouse ~

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I never wear stud earrings, only hoops or dangles. I dislike turquoise, and I prefer cabochon stones. Also I never wear gold anymore, unless it's white, only silver.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I hate choker necklaces.  They DO feel like they choke me!

Respected Contributor

Costyle jeweRe: Kind of Jewelry You Never Wear

Ccostume jewelry, turns my skin green. Kirk Folly and Heidi Days stuff because I don't like it. I usually stick with Silver these days and rarely wear earrings because I lose them.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like large cocktail style rings.  I have a small hand & really thin fingers & usually don't wear rings over 1/2" long.  And as I've gotten older I prefer cuff or stretch bracelets because there is no difficult clasp for me to manage.   

Honored Contributor

I rarely wear any of my bracelets.  Just this summer I donated all of mine that were costume. Thatr was an easy decision -  some were so big now that I've lost significant weight that they slipped right off my hand!

I haven't tried on any of silver or gold, but that will be my next step -  and I do think I'll try to sell any of those  that are too large -- no reason to keep giving them space.

Honored Contributor

I don't wear rings and necklaces. No rings b/c I can't get get them on my fingers due to scleroderma. No necklaces b/c I've had cervical spine surgery and I have a scar on the back of my neck where necklaces feel irritating. 

The only jewelry I can actually wear includes earrings, bracelets and some brooches. 

Honored Contributor

I wear nothing but sterling silver jewelry.  Put my gold away the day I retired 20+ years ago.  I adore and collect interesting turquoise jewelry, mostly Indian made.  My wardrobe is chosen to coordinate with my turquoise jewelry and silver.  I have a collection of bangles, mostly Indian-made, that I never remove, normally about 7 of them.  Several are set with turquoise stones.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment