Honored Contributor

Re: Kenneth Jay Lane has passed away

His collections were so lovely and timeless.  He elevated costume jewelry or faux jewels to a whole nother level!!!  I think he was very elegant and I loved his old world, refined style.  The end of another legend!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I love watching his show, first with him and Jane, then the shows with Barry Ort.  Great iconic jewelry and lots of laughs.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@TY wrote:

Kenneth Jay Lane has passed away according to an article in the Hollywood Reporter. He was 85 years old.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kenneth-jay-lane-dead-american-costume-jewelry-designer-was-85...

I will miss his jewelry collection as he had some very nice fashion jewelry pieces on both QVC and TSC in Canada. They were always very well made.

The loss of a great talent and a true gentleman. 

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

Respected Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

I love watching his show, first with him and Jane, then the shows with Barry Ort.  Great iconic jewelry and lots of laughs.

I will always remember his classic line on Q (when the cut out cardboard car lost it's door)....."They just don't make Rolls the way they use to". My Mom and I were on the floor laughing our fool heads off. A true gentleman and great designer. RIP KJL.

Honored Contributor

I have many of his colored pearl sets and some of his oversized enamel hoop earrings. Love some of his not off the wall pieces.

He will be greatly missed.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼