Trusted Contributor

If anyone is interested I was just reading Kathy's facebook where she mentioned that one can now purchase her heart ring on Shop Gemistry.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Kathy's Levine's heart ring

[ Edited ]

I wonder how many posters here are saying "what ring" and  "Kathy who?"  I loved that ring and I owned it,  I wonder what happened to it.  I remember those 4 hour DMQ shows with Kathy, my mom and I would eat Sunday dinner leftovers while we watched it.  It was "our thing".  Now I cannot even imagine watching 4 hours of any shopping channel in one sitting, especially not cz jewelry.  But I still wear to of my DMQ rings from back then, they are in 14k gold and I've owned them for so long that I forget they aren't diamond rings.  

Respected Contributor

oh yes, 

i remember that ring well. it was very popular back in the day. i don't believe that they ever did that one in white gold or silver either.  personally, i don't care for heart jewelry at all.  loved kathy levine especially when she was on with joan. 

Honored Contributor

i already own it in the yellow gold version and the silver version.

it is a beautiful ring. a great every day piece that is believable.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f9/1c/ab/f91cabc934427c153be58f3959a30738.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the original one sold on the Q was done in silver or gold tone and the stone wasn't 'Diamonique' but another simulated diamond.

https://www.qvc.com/Simulated-Diamond-Heart-shaped-Signature-Ring.product.J156362.html

Honored Contributor

the original was not done in silvertone or goldtone. the originals were done in 14k and sterling silver with a diamonique heart shaped stone. i have both from a very long time ago.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo wrote:

oh yes, 

i remember that ring well. it was very popular back in the day. i don't believe that they ever did that one in white gold or silver either.  personally, i don't care for heart jewelry at all.  loved kathy levine especially when she was on with joan. 

@kittyloo.   Yes, they did it in silver and I have it.  I don't care for heart jewelry either but got caught up in the hype, then never wore it.  Kathy was the best.

The ring was copied from Kathy's wedding ring from her first marriage.  She was divorced.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45  That is correct.  I have the 14K ring and it is just as beautiful as when I first purchased.  She sold the white gold ring a little later.  I saw her in person on the 50/50 tour and stuck out my hand and she said the white gold will be coming soon.  I've had women grab my hand and say WOW who gave you that?  I never told anyone it wasn't a real diamond.

Honored Contributor

Must have been a very popular ring if they made in precious gold and silver as well as the gold/silver tones.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Must have been a very popular ring if they made in precious gold and silver as well as the gold/silver tones.

In those days most everything was 14K.  It wasn't as expensive as now.