Valued Contributor

Re: Kathy's Levine's heart ring

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

the original was not done in silvertone or goldtone. the originals were done in 14k and sterling silver with a diamonique heart shaped stone. i have both from a very long time ago.

@sunshine45  This is true, and I'll add that the 14 kt yellow gold one was done first and for quite a while it was the only one.  When viewer wrote in that thay wanted it badly but couldn't afford it, that's when the sterling silver version appears, I think it was several years after the 14 kt. gold one.  I own the yellow gold one.  It was very common back then for Diamonique to be done in 14 kt gold and many times Kathy stated that Q only does Diamonique in precious metals (gold or silver) except for the wrist watches which were often stainless steel.  This was before gold took a huge price hike and was when Q had those 18 kt gold shows with Pat and Jeff Hewson, way back in the day.

When Q came up with epiphany for Diamonique, that was pretty much the end of Diamonique set in 14 kt gold being the norm.

This is accurate. QVC originally set Diamonique only in solid 14K or sterling.  

Kathy came up with the design of her heart-shaped ring for her engagement ring in the 1970s. She said she sold the design to QVC. The original 14K ring was a heavy chunk of gold and retailed for nearly $300 which was a whole lot of money back in the early 1990s. Would surely cost a fortune today. 

There's also a sterling cuff bracelet that's an elongated version of the ring and which pops up occasionally on ebay.

I have Kathy's ring and absolutely love it. For Christmas this year my husband updated the stone to a 3.76 blue-green asscher cut moissanite stone. I think it's breath taking.
Super Contributor

i have it in silver and 14kt gold. love it loo. they look as good as they did when i purchased them almost 30 years ago.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SugarA85 wrote:
I have Kathy's ring and absolutely love it. For Christmas this year my husband updated the stone to a 3.76 blue-green asscher cut moissanite stone. I think it's breath taking.

Your updated ring sounds gorgeous  If you can post a pictureSmiley Happy

I would love to purchase this ring with a gold band in a size 7. If anyone is interested in selling one, I am willing to pay the original asking price. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SugarA85 wrote:

I am sure it is lovely, moissanite is absolutely beautiful, I have not seen another stone that outshines or sparkles moissanite.  Post a picture if you can Smiley Happy

QVC Customer Care

Blocked for new replies bumped up from 2019.