Trusted Contributor

Re: Kathy's Levine's heart ring

@sunshine45 wrote:

the original was not done in silvertone or goldtone. the originals were done in 14k and sterling silver with a diamonique heart shaped stone. i have both from a very long time ago.

Me too! I was lucky as I was able to purchase both the 14k yellow and the silver at the QVC outlet store in Frazer Pa. I paid less than $10 for the silver one and I still wear both of mine. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

@faeriemoon  Me, too!  On both comments.

Nor am I fond of SK's engagement ring, which was made by Diamonique. Why do they do that? 

I DO like Amy Strand's story of buying a Diamonique ring for her own engagement ring and then having QVC sell it out! Better yet, she's now wearing the Q's copy of Meghan's engagment ring. Love that she doesn't care that either were faux stones!!  Amy is a confident lady to wear Diamonique next to her own platinum and diamond wedding band. 

I think Amy's story is sweet too, although I liked the asscher and black stone ring better than the Meghan ring.  I don't like Shawn's replica that much either, probably because I don't like her real rings that much!! Woman LOL

I love SK's real wedding set.  I think her engagement ring is stunning.

I never cared for Amy's engagement ring paired with her eternity band.  They don't seem to go together at all.

Honored Contributor

I have my Kathy Levine heart ring.  It is 14kt gold and diamonique.  Back then, they had tons of diamonique jewelry shows. 

Respected Contributor

There's 10 of them over on ebay if anyone just has to have one. I still miss Kathy's shows. They were fun shopping!

Honored Contributor

I was lucky enough to find both the silver one and the gold one at one of the Q outlets years ago, paid next to nothing for both of them, still a lovely piece of jewelry.

Honored Contributor

I remember on the air they sold the silver one for
$44 and the gold one for $295

Super Contributor

KL said that the bow ring is next.  I remember that ring also - it is very pretty.

Valued Contributor

The first time I saw this ring was about 22 years ago in 14k gold. My hubby and I were getting engaged and I was looking for a ring. We couldn't afford much back then and that ring was out of our budget, but I always wanted one. It reminds me of my mother's wedding ring which is a criss cross band. I have the Kathy ring now in sterling but would love to have it in gold. I asked the manufacturer about the cz and was told they use 5A grade cz. I don't know how it compares to Diamonique 3A since I have never heard of 5A. I'm thinking of getting it. This is my birthday and anniversary month and Christmas is right around the corner. Hubby could knock it all out with this one ring. 😁

Respected Contributor

If anyone is interested, Kathy's bow ring and other assorted goodies are now up for purchase.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

the original was not done in silvertone or goldtone. the originals were done in 14k and sterling silver with a diamonique heart shaped stone. i have both from a very long time ago.

@sunshine45  This is true, and I'll add that the 14 kt yellow gold one was done first and for quite a while it was the only one.  When viewers wrote in that they wanted it badly but couldn't afford it, that's when the sterling silver version appears, I think it was several years after the 14 kt. gold one.  I own the yellow gold one.  It was very common back then for Diamonique to be done in 14 kt gold and many times Kathy stated that Q only does Diamonique in precious metals (gold or silver) except for the wrist watches which were often stainless steel.  This was before gold took a huge price hike and was when Q had those 18 kt gold shows with Pat and Jeff Hewson, way back in the day.

When Q came up with epiphany for Diamonique, that was pretty much the end of Diamonique set in 14 kt gold being the norm.