Respected Contributor

Re: Kathy Levine's Presentations

I could not watch until the end of the show, wondering about the new set. Is the set just for Kathy Levine Corner or all jewelry shows? I purchased bubble ring because bezel set is my favorite.
Honored Contributor

Heres how "real" Kathy is.  I'll tell this story one more time.

One year, the large Philly-area corporation for which my sister worked had their annual Secretary Day luncheon.  Kathy was invited to be the speaker.  My sister met her and told her how jealous I was because I could not also attend.  There was some conversation then, at Kathy's suggestion, a photo was taken with the two of them thumbing their noses at me.

I received this framed photographic masterpiece as a gift for Christmas that year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Kathy was the first presenter I saw when I turned on the station many many years ago.  I just loved watching her.  She has always been the best of the best.  If you have not read her books, please do so.  She tells it like it is throughout each chapter.  You can goggle Kathy and see the clip of her QVC good bye celebration from over 20 years ago and Joan Rivers' special gifts to her - so very touching as well as funny. There will never be another Kathy!  

Esteemed Contributor

Accidentally tuned in on my way to one of my programs that I watch.  I was delighted to see her.  She looks wonderful and her presentations are clear and professional.  Wish she would give lessons to some of the other hosts. 

Honored Contributor

May I suggest to anyone who has not read her books, please do so,they are probably available on Amazon. Or Ebay. 

Respected Contributor

She is just so relaxed, not frantic, so entertaining.  She could get me to buy anything and has!!!

Honored Contributor

In the very old days, I saw Kathy.  She was showing jewelry with a glass of water under the desk!!!

Kathy was always interesting!

Bless Kathy for the light she has given to SO many women!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

I watched the entire show and marveled at just how good Kathy is. And I was laughing out loud at her stories, too. And interestingly enough several things stuck out in her presentation style to me that are in sharp contrast to the current QVC host crop. 

Yes, Kathy talks fast but it doesn't make you feel anxious and annoyed...and make you want to switch the channel. Yes, she tells lots of stories about herself but they don't all feel like she's doing so just to toot her own horn. They're funny, and self deprecating, and they have a point!  And she knows when to shut-up and let the host talk...a real give and take. And what I really noticed was how even through the stories and laughter she pointed out details of the product. I heard her say multiple times that this item has X amount of carat weight, X number of stones, etc. She can describe a product like no one else and do it so effortlessly. She is a true gem! 

In addition to all the other qualities posters have noted, I like the way she modulates her voice, uses proper grammar, speaks distinctly, and doesn't trip over her words.  It's clear she has lots of natural talent, but it's also clear she worked long and hard to hone and refine it.

Honored Contributor

She has a great personality. I guess she was in the right place at the right time when home shopping was in its infancy. Often wondered what really caused her to leave QVC. I know there was some talk of her having a syndicated TV show but that didn't materialize.

Esteemed Contributor

I like a Kathy too, but not her jewelry. I prefer smaller, more delicate, more realistic pieces. I'm tired of the "bigger is better". To me, bigger looks fake.