Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kathy Levine Back on QVC

She was my favorite.  She explained the product being sold.  She was genuine and did not spent time with endless chatter. She did what she was paid ot do.... help her audience make a decision based on product description.  

Honored Contributor

@sunsetbeach wrote:

I just read an article on MSN by TV Insider that Kathy Levine is coming back to QVC on June 1st.  It states she will be representing Diamonique and introducing a reissue of her  "Kathy's Ring".  I have that ring and it is fantastic.  I would post the article, but don't know how.  The title is:  "A QVC Gem Returns:  Former Host Kathy Levine is Back In A New Role". 

Wow how nice to hear, I see Shophq has brought back Erin, I am glad to see that these channels are bringing back good hosts.  I have always liked Kathy, just listening to her.  I will be watching her.  Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I echo the comments about Kathy. Loved watching Kathy and Joan, sort of reminded me of Ethel and Lucy.  Kathy's mother was also a good addition to the show.  She was so engaging with the designer, e.g. Scassi and the red suit, Sak Fifth Avenue, etc.  She would take the last hours on Christmas Eve so that the other hosts could celebrate Christmas, quite generous on her part.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

So where does that leave Erin Moseley?  Doesn't seem as though they'd need two Diamonique reps.

I have Kathy's ring too, unworn.  I'm not comfortable in heart jewelry and it's too over-the-top silly, girly girl.

@Kachina624 

I also can't wear jewelry with hearts decorating it ... not even Judith Ripka's jewelry.  Too cutesy for my taste.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think she will be a host.  
Sounds to me that Kathy will be representing a specific jewelry line.

Honored Contributor

I have always like Kathy--she isn't any more "ancient" than Mary Beth or Pat or Dan---and she looks fabulous!! I will watch some---at least she is way more professional than about 3/4 of the hosts now. Read her 2 books too and was a thoroughly enjoyable read---Jeff Hewson---absolutely a dirtbag from the get go!!!

Honored Contributor

I tend to think her ship has sailed.  Although I enjoyed her when she was a host, I didn't worship her or pine for her as many did and still do.

That being said, compared to a lot of the hosts the Q has hired, my guess is that her presentations will be a welcome reprieve from the nonsense we deal with now.  However, it's easier to be convinced to buy something when the host is less obviously selling it.  She was always good at her job.

Honored Contributor

Kathy Levine sold me my first QVC item ... a "gold" soltaire wth a pnk Diamonique stone.

I also have her Kathy's ring ... in my ring box.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Kathy Levine sold me my first QVC item ... a "gold" soltaire wth a pnk Diamonique stone.

I also have her Kathy's ring ... in my ring box.

I think my first Q purchases were a pair of DMQ stud earrings and a matching solitaire necklace.  They were set in 14K, and I think I bought them from Kathy.

Honored Contributor

@Glitter51 wrote:

I know she has a following of viewers but she's been gone for so long, why comeback?? I'm not being a negative Nancy but honestly, what's the fascination with her.  

I will preface my reply that I no longer watch QVC. 

Kathy Levine was relatable for myself. Her struggles with her weight, aging and beauty she often commented on and her sincerity was obvious. 

I don't wear Diamonique unless traveling but I will tune in just to hear how Kathy has been. I remember her relationship with her mom...enviable.