Honored Contributor

Today, a few minutes after I turned on Gem Shopping, I saw a 2.59 Carat Kashmir Sapphire, 30 point diamonds and 9 grams of platinum ring for sale.  It was $105,000.00.  No takers yet.  Remember Kashmir Sapphires are no heat.  They come out of the ground showing a glorious blue that I have trouble trying to describe. 

This and the very little (under a caret) I saw on TVON (going out business folks....cheap prices to good to last...big sale going on) is a signal that the collectors who own the Kashmir are willing to put them back on the market and rob you blind.  These are not mined.  The Kashmir mine, which is in Pakistan, is too dangerous to work).  That remains closed as far as I know.  There might be l a whole slew of them in the mine, for all we know but can't get to them. So you might be seeing these in the future.  You can't fake them.  That blue is unmistakable. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Kashmir Sapphires are back

@songbird,

This is great news cannot así for the affordable prices. I have seen many sliced sapphires and they are not the same by any means. 🌻

Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@songbird,

This is great news cannot así for the affordable prices. I have seen many sliced sapphires and they are not the same by any means. 🌻

Try TVON (if you have FIOS)  Their sapphires which always come with diamonds are a lot cheaper then say Gem Shopping.  The cheapest I saw was 1.65 Carat with .40 diamonds for $770.00.  Blue Sapphire are very expensive on average.  From $1,000.00 per carat to $4,000.00 per carat.  Without diamonds, they are under $1,000.00 mark.   Fancy or sapphires that are not blue are cheaper. Right behind the blue is the yellow and pink.  But the blues either Ceylon (cornflower) or Burma (Royal blue) are the sapphires you would want.    You won't see any Kashmir anywhere for under $3,000.00.  QVC sapphires leave a lot to be desired.

Super Contributor

I hate it that TVON is going out of business. They have such beautiful pieces at incredible prices. What gets me is that people will pay retail prices for jewelry on Gemshopping. I've never bought anything from them because I've seen some of their pieces in stores and know what the cost is. When shopping on TV or online for used pieces you expect to pay less.I wish I had the money right now to buy several things from TVON before they're gone. We only get them about twice a week and it's from 8:00 to midnight. You would think that people would be buying things from them like crazy and that would keep them in business. It just boggles my mind that Gemshopping has been on for years and people will pay those ridiculous prices. 

Valued Contributor

this sounds really good..  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Remar wrote:

I hate it that TVON is going out of business. They have such beautiful pieces at incredible prices. What gets me is that people will pay retail prices for jewelry on Gemshopping. I've never bought anything from them because I've seen some of their pieces in stores and know what the cost is. When shopping on TV or online for used pieces you expect to pay less.I wish I had the money right now to buy several things from TVON before they're gone. We only get them about twice a week and it's from 8:00 to midnight. You would think that people would be buying things from them like crazy and that would keep them in business. It just boggles my mind that Gemshopping has been on for years and people will pay those ridiculous prices. 

TVON is NOT going out of business.  They were going to, but their management decided to continue, but a more streamline show.  So they are going to be on Monday night at 10:00PM, Wednesday night at 10:00PM, Thursday night at 10:00PM, and Sunday at 1:00PM eastern time.  I was surprised because they were selling good gem stones at below cost.  So if you have FIOS you should be able to get them. 

To be fair about Gem Shopping, their gems are incredible.  What makes a gem desirable is the color.  TVON has nice color, but Gem Shopping has twice the color and clarity.  I will give a nod to TVON for the sapphire colors.  They are pretty nice, but some of the others like the Pariaba, & some of the Taniznite leave something to be desired.