Super Contributor

@SilleeMee : Love Mookaite jasper. So beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@Margui wrote:

@Kachina624 : Since you are turquoise fan, ShopLC had a show featuring Sleeping Beauty turquoise on Saturday. Did you watch it?

@Margui. No, I'm somewhat of a turquoise snob and have never cared for Sleeping Beauty.  Real collectors stick up their noses at it.  Turquoise is judged by its color, matrix pattern and matrix color.  It's the matrix that gives the stone "character".  I have very little turquoise without it.  Also SB is soft and very poor quality.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think SBT looks fake, almost like it could be plastic. Must be the resin stabilizers they use in it that makes it feel that way, too. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Margui 

I don't own much  SBT. I have a pair of small studs and this bracelet I bought from ShopLC several weeks ago when they had a SBT smackdown. I didn't buy this because of the stone, though the color is very vivid and beautiful, but I got it because I like the design of it. I took it to my jeweler and had him replace that lobster claw with a large spring ring (senorita) clasp instead. Easier for me to put on and I think it adds to the look of it, too.

3300432.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Margui 

I don't own much  SBT. I have a pair of small studs and this bracelet I bought from ShopLC several weeks ago when they had a SBT smackdown. I didn't buy this because of the stone, though the color is very vivid and beautiful, but I got it because I like the design of it. I took it to my jeweler and had him replace that lobster claw with a large spring ring (senorita) clasp instead. Easier for me to put on and I think it adds to the look of it, too.

3300432.jpg

lovely braceletSmiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Are you talking about old town in Albuquerque?