Regular Contributor

Re: Just ordered my First piece of Barbara Bixby J280998

On 4/21/2014 Ford1224 said:

I already have one ring which I bought a long time ago. I still wear it at times when my fingers are less swollen.

I had no intention of buying anything last night, although I always watch her shows. Some of her stuff (like the skulls) are too over the top for me, but others are fantastic and, as she came right out and said, she refuses to "dumb down" any of her jewelry. Everything is the real thing.

They had a very short presentation of one of her key pendant designs. It has a pansy in the upper left-hand corner, and a butterfly is the notch on the key on the right left bottom. It was something I had to buy because pansies were my beloved mother's favorite flower, and my beloved sister used to collect butterfly ornaments. It was also on easy pay. It was way more than I would have ever, ever spent on any piece of jewelry, but somehow I knew it was meant for me to have. I did buy it and plan to tell my children that this will be a special piece that should never leave the family. I will wear it every single day.

Ford, I hope that you enjoy your new key ... what truly wonderful memories it represents for you! I bought this piece, too, and could not believe how gorgeous it looked in the presentation. Barbara's pieces are so thoughtful and artistic, and she creates things that seem to be meaningful to her. Pansies are my mother's favorite flowers as well.

Honored Contributor

Very pretty. I have a few of her pieces. I never wear them though. I like it when people are happy with what they buy.

I hope you enjoy it. She does beautiful work.

Honored Contributor

On 4/21/2014 ChicagoHeather said:
On 4/21/2014 Ford1224 said:

I already have one ring which I bought a long time ago. I still wear it at times when my fingers are less swollen.

I had no intention of buying anything last night, although I always watch her shows. Some of her stuff (like the skulls) are too over the top for me, but others are fantastic and, as she came right out and said, she refuses to "dumb down" any of her jewelry. Everything is the real thing.

They had a very short presentation of one of her key pendant designs. It has a pansy in the upper left-hand corner, and a butterfly is the notch on the key on the right left bottom. It was something I had to buy because pansies were my beloved mother's favorite flower, and my beloved sister used to collect butterfly ornaments. It was also on easy pay. It was way more than I would have ever, ever spent on any piece of jewelry, but somehow I knew it was meant for me to have. I did buy it and plan to tell my children that this will be a special piece that should never leave the family. I will wear it every single day.

Ford, I hope that you enjoy your new key ... what truly wonderful memories it represents for you! I bought this piece, too, and could not believe how gorgeous it looked in the presentation. Barbara's pieces are so thoughtful and artistic, and she creates things that seem to be meaningful to her. Pansies are my mother's favorite flowers as well.

I really can't afford it, but easy pay will make it do-able. I actually had tears in my eyes when I saw it . . . there was no way I could let it go.

I look at it as a tribute to my beloved mother and sister, as I am sure you do also.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Looks beautiful. Especially love B.B.'s Fleur de lis items..want to see several different ones up close. Love Barbara's design.
New Contributor

Awesome. that is pretty. I am also planning to have the same. Would like to know more about it. anyway, congratulations.