Trusted Contributor

Re: Just got back from Santa Fe, New Mexico

[ Edited ]

Visited Santa Fe, New Mexico in 2013 for the second time!  Such a beautiful place!  While we were there we visited the mission chapel for the second time and saw the beautiful Miraculous Staircase inside!  There is a beautiful story on how it came to be built sometime in the 1800's!

We visited Carolyn Pollack's jewelry store while there and I purchased 2 bracelets, one with turquoise and the other was patriotic with red, white, and blue beads and a little sterling flag hanging from it!  Love both!!

Honored Contributor

We walked into the church that had the staircase, but, there was a charge and he ran out. LOL

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Went to Carolyn Pollack's store in the Outlet Mall too and got a rhodanite ring that was marked way down.

got a silver bead bracelet with toggle closure and a big ol' 'slinky' cuff

LOL  Made out pretty well there.

Very cool time of yr. Lots of traffic. They don't give you bags and sacks when you purchase groceries or clothes there ! What a shocker they just hand you what you bought and your receipt. I go "aren't you gonna sack it"? she says "we don't do that unless you pay for the bags/sacks here in New Mexico.

I said "never heard of such a thing". Weird.  What do people do when they buy hundreds of dollars of groceries?  Glad, they're not like that in Tx.

Very beautiful bracelet!!!! Enjoy in good health.

I agree, very annoying about bags, we are here in NJ do not go cheap yet.  Still shop normal way and besides the way they charge for food today they must pack it for us.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE and everyone else

Good for you on your most beautiful jewelry. Sante Fe is fantastic, wonderful and a wonderful place to visit or live. I hope you enjoyed the food as well. Happy that you had a good time🛍

Honored Contributor

Thank you. one of my sisters thinks the slinky is ugly hahhahaha

she's one of these small delicate lovers. I'm of the flashy vintage. LOL

Besides, wide cuffs are in. I almost ordered the Or paz wide cuff that looked like wrinkled aluminum foil, but, I think this one is the better deal even though it cost more. It's not light wgt. etc.

Super Contributor

That sleeping beauty cuff is so beautiful and I love the bold silver cuff also.

How were the prices out there?

Honored Contributor

This man I dealt with had the lock on the town. He had all the upscale shops. He owned 7 up and down San Francisco St. and one other St. Maybe Water St. He had his family working in all of them. I don't think he was Hispanic. Hubbo, seemed to think he might had been like the people on the Shahs of Sunset. I don't like to play games I'm straight up and just give me the best deal type of people. This guy would have real high, high prices on his stuff like 2,000 and I said "no way I'm not paying that" and then he would say "no, no you will pay what you want to pay" blah, blah. I ended up paying 5 for the blue and 3 for the 'slinky'. I was hitting the door on the slinky and the guy said "ok, what do you want to pay for the silver wide cuff"? I said 300 is the best I'll do and he said "Ok, have it your way" .

The other was 1600 and I screamed out loud and said "who do I have 'kiss' to get a better deal and they all laughed in the store . I ended up getting it for 5. I checked up on the names of the folks who made both and think I got a pretty good deal on both. That Carlos Eagle stuff floored me when I saw what he was asking on line. This stuff is not electroform, light, etc. So, think I did good. LOL

Honored Contributor

Your jewelry hawker sounds like he was trained on the docks the cruise ships use in the Caribbean and elsewhere.  All the ones I saw appeared to be mid-Eastern.

I especially love the "slinky" bracelet.  It's very versitile, and I bet you'll wear it a lot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Went to Carolyn Pollack's store in the Outlet Mall too and got a rhodanite ring that was marked way down.

got a silver bead bracelet with toggle closure and a big ol' 'slinky' cuff

LOL  Made out pretty well there.

Very cool time of yr. Lots of traffic. They don't give you bags and sacks when you purchase groceries or clothes there ! What a shocker they just hand you what you bought and your receipt. I go "aren't you gonna sack it"? she says "we don't do that unless you pay for the bags/sacks here in New Mexico.

I said "never heard of such a thing". Weird.  What do people do when they buy hundreds of dollars of groceries?  Glad, they're not like that in Tx.

Your bracelet is lovely.  About the bags I believe this started in Calif.  People pay for bags or you can bring your own reusable bags.  I have very nice reusable bags but I forget to take them lol.  Anyway where I live you can still get your items bagged.  I do like my bags when I remember to take them.

Honored Contributor

That's a lot of sleeping beauty and silver.  Is sleeping beauty plentiful there?