Honored Contributor

Just got back from Santa Fe, New Mexico

got some new pretties. This is the one I got uploaded so far. sleeping bty. cuff

DSC00177.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: Just got back from Santa Fe, New Mexico

Went to Carolyn Pollack's store in the Outlet Mall too and got a rhodanite ring that was marked way down.

got a silver bead bracelet with toggle closure and a big ol' 'slinky' cuff

LOL  Made out pretty well there.

Very cool time of yr. Lots of traffic. They don't give you bags and sacks when you purchase groceries or clothes there ! What a shocker they just hand you what you bought and your receipt. I go "aren't you gonna sack it"? she says "we don't do that unless you pay for the bags/sacks here in New Mexico.

I said "never heard of such a thing". Weird.  What do people do when they buy hundreds of dollars of groceries?  Glad, they're not like that in Tx.

Honored Contributor

DSC00178.JPG

Honored Contributor

It is the same where I live with the bags.  We all bring reuseable bags.  

Honored Contributor

WOW! if you spend money at a person's business least they can do is give you bags. LOL

what's the world coming too. Where I live they're gonna start selling beer and wine at the movie theatres ! Boy, we sure need that don't we?

Respected Contributor

Ah, Santa Fe -it's such a beautiful town.  And the jewelry is outstanding - nothing like what you get on TV.  It's the real thing. 

Honored Contributor

somebody told me to bring lots of money they were right on the money.

One guy at the Plaza has the town wrapped up he owned 7 stores and high pressure was his name. Gees, Louise !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  Glad to see you spent some money.  Santa Feans are very ecologically conscious.  It's a community of rich aging hippies.  The rest of the state uses shopping bags just like they do in Texas.  They argue and debate issues you wouldn't believe.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The turquoise cuff was created by Carlos Eagle and the 'slinky' was created by M. Thomas, Jr.

Yep, Kachina, I believe it. Just doesn't jive with us older folks. I don't know how people go on a spree? Do you go to the stores with big ol' sacks left over from another spree. Then, wouldn't you get stopped for shop lifting. Hubbo, said he didn't think it would last long to many opps for thieves.

They better re think that theory.

Honored Contributor

DSC00180.JPGDSC00181.JPG