Super Contributor

Re: Just curious!
Options

‎05-23-2019 03:21 PM
It's Lisa Robertson and I have not ordered from her site. I tried a few times a while ago but the things I was interested in were always sold out. She's small operation without much inventory so the trick is to go in and order the minute you get the email. I think her merchandise is expensive considering what it is but that is understandable because she is a small "mom & pop" business.

Funny you say mom & pop business.   Mom and pop must be knocking down some real jack.   Didn't I see a multi-million dollar mansion sitting on a large estate in a recent posted photo?   Sad story people don't shop around before they buy anything.   There are so many options anymore with customer reviews so you are aware of complaints, dissatisfaction, etc.  If she was a good business woman she would allow comments either good or bad.  I have visited her page several times and have noted her employees delete any reference to bad  quality, etc.  I don't understand that at all.  What is she afraid of and why do people buy from someone who won't allow reviews.   Makes no sense at all.   

Contributor

She was forced to make a statement concerning Tarnishgate which is what some people nicknamed the whole saga. So many people were complaining about it on her page and in a private Tribe Talk FB group where anything that isn't complimentary towards Lisa, her business and her staff is usually forbidden. They conducted some weird survey of members who purchased her crappy jewelry and sadly thought she'd care about the results.

When she made her aforementioned statement she blamed everything under the sun outside of the fact that the jewelry she sells is of such poor quality. As someone else mentioned there were people who's LR jewelry pieces tarnished unopened in the bags they were shipped in, in the anti-tarnish jewelry roll case she sold to her tribe, jewelry boxes and many other places. Too many in her tribe think just because the stuff is made in Italy and not China that is must be of some quality. She even blamed the tarnishing on dust and the temperatures in the homes the jewelry was kept in after it was purchased. Here's a picture of that jewelry roll case.

LR Anti Tarnish.jpg

Contributor

@Sadie45 wrote:

Re: Just curious!
Options

‎05-23-2019 03:21 PM
It's Lisa Robertson and I have not ordered from her site. I tried a few times a while ago but the things I was interested in were always sold out. She's small operation without much inventory so the trick is to go in and order the minute you get the email. I think her merchandise is expensive considering what it is but that is understandable because she is a small "mom & pop" business.

Funny you say mom & pop business.   Mom and pop must be knocking down some real jack.   Didn't I see a multi-million dollar mansion sitting on a large estate in a recent posted photo?   Sad story people don't shop around before they buy anything.   There are so many options anymore with customer reviews so you are aware of complaints, dissatisfaction, etc.  If she was a good business woman she would allow comments either good or bad.  I have visited her page several times and have noted her employees delete any reference to bad  quality, etc.  I don't understand that at all.  What is she afraid of and why do people buy from someone who won't allow reviews.   Makes no sense at all.   

I will not buy anything from a company that won't allow reviews which mention issues which may arise. Then there is the lack of a phone number to contact anyone. An email which may or may not be answered is not enough. Even small vendors have contact numbers. 

That said, people must be buying enough of her overpriced products to enable her to have a new horse estate with over 35 acres and a 10000 sq.ft. mansion. Millions to buy plus all the upkeep required for pool, spa and waterfall. Paddocks, roads on property , stables, grounds and personnel needed add to upkeep. 

I'm in the wrong business. Anybody wanna buy a watch?

Respected Contributor
@greenie.. I agree. I’m still shaking my head over that new real estate purchase that was dubbed by Lisa as a farmhouse that needed a lot of work.. lol..
Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@greenie.. I agree. I’m still shaking my head over that new real estate purchase that was dubbed by Lisa as a farmhouse that needed a lot of work.. lol..

@KKlim. I looked at the real estate add for that farmhouse. The aerial photo makes it look like a huge resort. Meanwhile you’re right. They all think it’s a decrepit farmhouse that needs tons of work. Will they ever get to see photos of the real place? I doubt it. Only tiny snippets.

Super Contributor

The farm needs a lot of work.  Another story to entice the audience.   Who's her business coach?  Tony Robbins

Super Contributor

You asked for an opinion from people that had purchased from her before, not people that haven't purchased and have a clear bias against her.  I have purchased a few pieces from her that were unique, and I really like them.  There has been no tarnishing.  My packages were shipped quickly, and I was able to track them.  I have also purchased a couple of pieces that were pre-orders.  I received them on time, no complaints. 

For the record, I have pieces from QVC that have tarnished that were not supposed to.  They tarnished far after the point they could be returned, so I was stuck.  Unless you are buying solid gold, I don't think you can be positive of anything.  

Valued Contributor

Yes, I've bought  about 7 items and have been pleased with them all.  One was a rather expensive gemstone ring and it's gorgeous. Her items came promptly and packaged well.

Frequent Contributor

She can't do that. FTC rules and fines if so. One warning given.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2019/05/your-right-post-honest-reviews

Frequent Contributor

Then you must check out the antique farmhouse dot com
the very exact same real touch flowers for up to 80 percent less. Same source as hers.
Many of her products can be found here for half the price and more. Exact items as LRs Iincluding vases, prints, lamps, throws, pitchers, mirrors., butterflies, bees, Easter on and on. All seasonal and Christmas too. I would guess a good 75 percent of her stock in this category can be found here. Items do go fast.