Honored Contributor

Just bought my first Moissanite.

Studs in 14k wg, 2.4 ct dew. I have never even seen it in person so I am in for a treat, I hope. I bought the JTV studs from the Fire collection.

loadimage.jpg

Frequent Contributor

Re: Just bought my first Moissanite.

I think you will love them. I haven't purchased any yet, but Charles Winston says they have twice the brillance a of a diamond. Two of the JTV host's have Moissanite engagment rings.

I've become hooked on the Strontium Titinate JTV sells. It's a man made stone too, but with almost 5 times the brillance of a diamond. I love it. 

I hope to buy some Moissanite soon.

Honored Contributor

@WVRhyter,

I think strontium is beautiful! My friend has a ring with that stone. But be careful with it. The stone is a soft one...about 5.5 to 6.5 on the Mohs.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the informaton. I'm retired, so I only wear my jewelry when I go out to Wal-Mart or a Dr. appt. I never wear it around the house. I forgot to put on my rings the other day when I went out. I felt naked.

Esteemed Contributor

I love my moissanite!  Have earrings, rings and pendants.

Trusted Contributor

I just don't know what moissonite really is. Is it a simulant (manmade in a lab) stone that simulates a stone from a meteorite? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Moissanite was discovered where a meteor struck the earth but the stones were so small they were not useful to make jewelry with them. So then scientists were able to recreate the stone in a lab...a synthetic moissanite was born.  It was named after the man wo discovered natural moissaniite in 1893, Dr. H. Moissan. @Squirrel Lover

eta -  Moissanite stones found in jewelry are exactly the same as the original ones found where the meteor struck...only a lot bigger.

Honored Contributor

I have one ring with 5 small moissonite on it. IMO they look exactly like real diamonds - much more than CZ do.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the explanation.

Respected Contributor

I have the clear moissanite and a canary moissanite.  They are sparkle bombs and look great.  They look more real than CZ does.

I know you will love your purchase.