Regular Contributor

Only a newbie to the Carolyn Pollack line - my mom bought the TSV necklace with the pink enhancer 1-2 years ago. Since, I've purchased 5 enhancers and a few matching earrings and rings. Then, I got the TSV doublet cuff and the pair earrings that you can swap the dangles. Now, just received the interchangeable enhancer A/D. All are impressive quality and are extremely well made - all securely fasten, no weak links or connectors, etc. And, they are all gorgeous and look quite expensive. I have people stop me on the street in Chicago all of the time to compliment her pieces.

I'm just a happy customer and really enjoy the pieces that I have. Carolyn's expansion of her line is impressive (true Southwestern style is pretty but not something I gravitate to for myself) and her ability to really grow a company - not an easy thing to do in this day and age. And, American made is a bonus.

It's easy to see why I've been reading her fans' rave reviews and postings for so many years before finally seeing the pieces in person.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Hi ChicagoHeather and welcome to the growing group of admirers of Carolyn Pollack. I am in eyes of some of these sistas still a newbie. I came across my first rodeo, silver only, pieces in 2010 and never looked back. I tend to gravitate towards the Southwest line (American West) and especially the older "Sincerely Southwest" I believe it was called. I do have a nice collection across the board and as my husband says - too much jewelry and not enough time to wear it all.

What I like most (as you seem to do) is the quality workmanship and the usual heft in sterling silver. I do have some of her mixed metal jewelry as well. My leather necklace/bracelet with interchangeable inserts are my day-to-day go to pieces. However, I have been known to garden in much fancier jewelry. Just makes me happy. If you ever need help, her company's customer service is very responsive.

Super Contributor

How sweet of you Chicago, and welcome! We love to have "lurkers" finally join in lol. I'm with Haca though . . I love the AW pieces better, even though some of CP's collection is quite beautiful, and as you've said . . it's all made so well and here in the US! Hope you continue to let us know what goodies you've gotten, or just come to chat with us on the "porch"!

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Honored Contributor
On 6/26/2014 Haca said:

Hi ChicagoHeather and welcome to the growing group of admirers of Carolyn Pollack. I am in eyes of some of these sistas still a newbie. I came across my first rodeo, silver only, pieces in 2010 and never looked back. I tend to gravitate towards the Southwest line (American West) and especially the older "Sincerely Southwest" I believe it was called. I do have a nice collection across the board and as my husband says - too much jewelry and not enough time to wear it all.

What I like most (as you seem to do) is the quality workmanship and the usual heft in sterling silver. I do have some of her mixed metal jewelry as well. My leather necklace/bracelet with interchangeable inserts are my day-to-day go to pieces. However, I have been known to garden in much fancier jewelry. Just makes me happy. If you ever need help, her company's customer service is very responsive.

What a sweet post Haca, and welcome to the forum ChicagoHeather! I can almost mirror Haca's experience - even down to what the DH says, "When are you going to wear all of this Carolyn jewelry?" But he's a sweetheart with girls in the family, so he KNOWS! {#emotions_dlg.lol} Again, like you Haca, I'm kind of a "newbie" too. I think I got my first Carolyn piece in 2008. I also am more of a fan of the AW line, and I like the mixed metals a LOT! We lived in Texas for a while, so I expanded my collection of Southwest jewelry there that my dad started when I was young and living on the east coast (he traveled to the SW a lot and turquoise is my birthstone). It's still my favorite, and I just got "one more" pair of earrings! Later on DS became interested in "rocks" when he was young, and he loved helping DH pick out my special jewelry! He's 19 now, and he still collects rocks!

You have a great collection Heather, and the best part is how you can play with your pieces. You will enjoy watching her shows on the 4th weekend. Have fun! Smile

Honored Contributor
On 6/26/2014 jugtown said:

How sweet of you Chicago, and welcome! We love to have "lurkers" finally join in lol. I'm with Haca though . . I love the AW pieces better, even though some of CP's collection is quite beautiful, and as you've said . . it's all made so well and here in the US! Hope you continue to let us know what goodies you've gotten, or just come to chat with us on the "porch"!

Hi Jug - I didn't see your post before I posted! I will have to live vicariously through all of you this holiday. DH's nephew chose that weekend to get married in Key West. I don't think the family would be OK with my checking the computer constantly or running back to see the TV! Wink Anyway, we don't even know where we'll be staying yet! I do know we'll be busy the 3rd, 4th, and 5th. But I'll be checking in when I can!

I love our nephew, but what a time - and place - to get married! {#emotions_dlg.blink} DH has a large family and most won't be there.

I already got the enhancer that goes with the TSV. It's beautiful. I might get some other inserts too. I'd get the cuff if I hadn't just gotten the Fritz cuff. I can't complain - that one is amazing! I hope they release some of the upcoming pieces this weekend - maybe??? **crossing fingers***

Super Contributor
On 6/26/2014 beach-mom said:
On 6/26/2014 Haca said:

What a sweet post Haca, and welcome to the forum ChicagoHeather! I can almost mirror Haca's experience - even down to what the DH says, "When are you going to wear all of this Carolyn jewelry?" But he's a sweetheart with girls in the family, so he KNOWS! {#emotions_dlg.lol} Again, like you Haca, I'm kind of a "newbie" too. I think I got my first Carolyn piece in 2008. I also am more of a fan of the AW line, and I like the mixed metals a LOT! We lived in Texas for a while, so I expanded my collection of Southwest jewelry there that my dad started when I was young and living on the east coast (he traveled to the SW a lot and turquoise is my birthstone). It's still my favorite, and I just got "one more" pair of earrings! Later on DS became interested in "rocks" when he was young, and he loved helping DH pick out my special jewelry! He's 19 now, and he still collects rocks!

You have a great collection Heather, and the best part is how you can play with your pieces. You will enjoy watching her shows on the 4th weekend. Have fun! Smile

Thank you for your post, beach-mom. I have learned so much from you and everyone else on this board. Where in Texas did you live? My brother and his family lived for five years in Lake Jackson near the Gulf and I visited a few times. I loved that area and we visited Galveston as well as the Hill country. The wild flowers in 2012 were absolutely stunning. They moved back to Germany, however, they miss Texas - even the hot weather. (They live in the north, near Hamburg, now.) During one of my visits, my niece, who atteded the University of Texas in Austin, showed me her campus. I also LOVE looking at rocks here in Virginia and haven't found anything more spectacular than a few pieces of quartz. If I need to get a fix, the Smithsonian will help out. Don't care for the "Hope" diamond, but I always check out turquoise first. What else is there, lol? Smile

Like everyone else, I am looking forward to the new American West offerings, however, I will miss most of the presentations. I hope they put the new items up the day before - cross my fingers.

Honored Contributor
On 6/27/2014 Haca said:
On 6/26/2014 beach-mom said:
On 6/26/2014 Haca said:

Thank you for your post, beach-mom. I have learned so much from you and everyone else on this board. Where in Texas did you live? My brother and his family lived for five years in Lake Jackson near the Gulf and I visited a few times. I loved that area and we visited Galveston as well as the Hill country. The wild flowers in 2012 were absolutely stunning. They moved back to Germany, however, they miss Texas - even the hot weather. (They live in the north, near Hamburg, now.) During one of my visits, my niece, who atteded the University of Texas in Austin, showed me her campus. I also LOVE looking at rocks here in Virginia and haven't found anything more spectacular than a few pieces of quartz. If I need to get a fix, the Smithsonian will help out. Don't care for the "Hope" diamond, but I always check out turquoise first. What else is there, lol? Smile

Like everyone else, I am looking forward to the new American West offerings, however, I will miss most of the presentations. I hope they put the new items up the day before - cross my fingers.

Hi Haca! Well, I just wrote a long detailed post and hit "cancel" by mistake. I hate when that happens! {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Anyway, we lived in San Antonio for 4 years. I loved it there, because I'm originally from the South and I liked the casual way of life. I would have stayed, but our families are on the east coast, and DH wasn't as crazy about it as I was. After being healthy and problem free all of his life, he found himself very allergic to fire ants. He had to get weekly shots and carry a kit with him! He also didn't like the heat, which I was used to.

We weren't far from the Hill Country and went there a lot. The Indian paintbrush and bluebonnets there in the spring were like nothing I'd ever seen! The good German food was a plus!

I never went to Galveston, which I regret, but my friends and I had an annual "girls' weekend" at Port Aransas near Corpus Christi. We had so much fun! I loved swimming in the Gulf - quite different from the Atlantic, but the water was like bath water! I did, however, have to swim around the oil clumps! We spent more time at the pool!

Austin was another place we liked to visit. DD has friends from elementary school in SA whose families moved to Austin. She thought briefly about attending college there, but decided to stay a little closer to home! She still keeps in touch with two of her closest friends there (the ones in Austin now - the fourth member of their group moved to Ohio shortly after we left). She hopes to visit sometime. I remember 4 little girls playing dress up, and 3 of the 4 are still "fashionistas"!

Like I posted above, I'm going to miss the shows too. {#emotions_dlg.sad} I'll look forward to talking to you and everyone else later, and I can't wait to see what everyone gets! Smile

Honored Contributor

Sorry for the long string above. My computer's not cooperating today!

Regular Contributor

Thank you all for the welcomes and replies - it seems like a really nice group on the Forum. I was in Santa Fe in February for a day and didn't have time to visit Carolyn's shop ... it was awful! Trying to figure out how to get back. Ha!

I can't wait for the next shows. I like the AW line, too, but it doesn't work as well with my clothes. Some of the really expensive southwest jewelry was tempting on the trip but so much pricier than CP's lines.

Frequent Contributor

Here's one more welcome Chicago! Welcome to the Porch! A term I like to use for the CP Sista's. This forum always reminded me of my childhood sitting on my porch creating necklaces with different color "pop" beads!!! Yes, I'm dating myself!!!!

We all appreciate CP's offerings, whether we lean towards her contemporary line, or her American West. Been collecting as many of the other Sista's since her Sincerely Southwest days, and even before that. Back then it was all Southwest. My first love is Southwest, but I do own many pieces of her Contemporary line. Who am I kidding, I love it ALL!!!!

Again, Welcome! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}