Valued Contributor

Re: Judy Crowell to join Jenniefer on Kirks Folly Birthday Celebration!

I could not believe when QVC let Kirk's Folly go, if that is what happened, and I think it is.  I loved these shows and love Jennifer Kirk.  She is so sincere and her jewelry is so unique.  I have been buying KF on the bay quite successfully, but I would love to see her go to Evine and Judy host those shows.  While I know Judy is not a show host but rather a vendor, perhaps they are getting something in the works.  They are too good for the way QVC operates now IMO.

Frequent Contributor

@sockmonkey wrote:

@KLevineFan I never really purchased anything but always enjoyed watching.  I think it's so nice that Judy and Jenniefer are reuniting!  Thanks for the heads up!

And why some people continually insist upon popping into an otherwise positive thread, just to voice their negativity, I will never understand!  SAD!

I agree.  If you don't like a product and there's a thread for people who enjoy it, why be a buzz killer?  These people have to be unhappy so they feel compelled to inflict that on others.  If you don't like it, good for you - the rest of us don't have to know.  

Regular Contributor

Thank you to the OP for sharing the news about Kirks Folly. I just watched their Facebook video. It was fun to hear Jenniefer and Judy sharing stories about QVC and all the Kirks Folly-themed shows. Judy even shared photos from some of those shows.

My favorite part of the video was when Jenniefer told the story of how Kirks Folly came to be on QVC. She said it was a struggle to get on the air. A real struggle. From the sound of it, someone by the name of "Jean" at QVC was dilligently working behind the scenes to make things happen for Kirks Folly. Jean eventually got QVC to agree to put Kirks Folly on the air, but QVC's president said they wouldn't last six months. Well, after Kirks Folly's first show sold out in 30 minutes, the president came down to the Green Room and stated that he had no idea there were so many people out there who wanted to buy Kirks Folly's products. He reiterated that he thought they'd only last six months, but after the first show, he knew they were there to stay -- he could see it.

Kirks Folly was on QVC from 1992 to 2014. That's 22 years. Most vendors would kill to last that long on QVC. 

Again, thank you to the OP for posting about the birthday celebration. It was fun to watch.

Honored Contributor

They look kinda silly.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Super Contributor

A little silly is good every once in a while. They offered some unique pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What's wrong with silly once in awhile?  At least it was different than the onslaught of computers, mattresses, and vacuums.  Speaking of vacuums, I always felt sorry for the people that had to sweep up the glitter dust after a show.  It had to have been a mess.  Smiley Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!