Honored Contributor

Re: Judy Crowell New Jewelry Line Air Date

I just looked on line. Unless it looks better in person/on people, I just can't see it being a long term line.

I think it's something that would have a special audience, like Kirk's Folly or Lee Sands. I don't see that as jewelry for the masses.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I never was a fan of hers when she was on the Q, I thought she was very condescending! I never knew what Paul saw in her, but I guess something, I think they are still married! I liked him when he was on the Q, but now on the other channel he seems a bit boring!

Honored Contributor

The line reminds me of Jay King's line. There isn't a piece though in her line that I liked.

Esteemed Contributor

We'll, I hope her new home works for her because she appears to have run completely out of Home Shopping Channels to go to.
Respected Contributor

I just checked what the buzz is all about. Nothing interesting in my opinion. I think ShopHQ should go back to their higher end roots at list partially. I I wish everybody would drop that bronze...
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/21/2014 Hooty said:

I never was a fan of hers when she was on the Q, I thought she was very condescending! I never knew what Paul saw in her, but I guess something, I think they are still married! I liked him when he was on the Q, but now on the other channel he seems a bit boring!

my exact thoughts about both of them.....

Contributor

I just watched Judy on Shop HQ. she looked adorable and was so excited to be back! Really like her personality. That being said this jewlry line is not really my style...a little organic for me. So, i didn't buy anything. But, she did seem to be selling well! As for Paul, i like him too. He knows his stuff.
Esteemed Contributor

I checked out a few minutes of the 4:00pm show. The jewelry wasn't my style, but someone who like big geometric shaped pieces might find something. Funny thing is almost every item was being proclaimed a sell out. However the real truth about sell outs of a new line is the results can be evaluated until a company sees how much comes back.

I wish her well. She probably never wants to be the person hosting a shopping channel show any more, but that is a very positive attribute for Judy. Today, when she spoke I thought how nice it would be to have a few more speaking so eloquently and using REAL words presenting products on her former network.

Trusted Contributor

With the mention of Jeff Hewson in one of the posts above, I started wondering what ever happened to him. I googled him and this is what I found.....so sad.

"Jeff Hewson, once the brilliant host of the QVC home shopping show who was known to move as much as $1.2M in gold and jewelry in a single evening, is reported to have had a major stroke in 2010 and has been in the care of an assisted living facility in Arizona. He has recuperated fairly well but not 100%. There has been little information about him in the media since 2010. As of 2012, there has been speculation but no confirmed reports of his well-being."
Respected Contributor

I watched a little and noticed that one stone she used (carved leaf like) looked like gorgonzola cheese. And another stone looked like kitchen counter top. Strange collection. Nothing fresh.