Valued Contributor

Judith on FB....a hint of things to come

Judith has posted a hint of a few things to come this new year. Wish her the best! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Judith on FB....a hint of things to come

If you're going to post this, at least tell everybody what she said. Here, I'll do it for you!

Ladies: I don't know how to cut and paste from an IPad so I will type what Judith said on her facebook page.

Here it is:

"To all my Followers & Fans:

I hope your New Year is off to a happy start with the promise of many good things to come. I'm particulary delighted to begin 2015 with big plans for the Judith Ripka brand. This year will mark the re-launch of Judith Ripka.com and the expansion of my collections through in-store shops at fine jewelers nationwide. I look forward to sharing with you all the great news this year will bring and thank you for your continued support which means the world to me.

With Love

Judith

Honored Contributor

TKS, Bling.

I never became a Ripka silver fan, but I have noticed she's missing at all local haunts where I used to browse her gold collections. It'll be interesting to see where they turn up this year.

Respected Contributor

On 1/13/2015 BlingQueen022 said:

If you're going to post this, at least tell everybody what she said. Here, I'll do it for you!

Ladies: I don't know how to cut and paste from an IPad so I will type what Judith said on her facebook page.

Here it is:

"To all my Followers & Fans:

I hope your New Year is off to a happy start with the promise of many good things to come. I'm particulary delighted to begin 2015 with big plans for the Judith Ripka brand. This year will mark the re-launch of Judith Ripka.com and the expansion of my collections through in-store shops at fine jewelers nationwide. I look forward to sharing with you all the great news this year will bring and thank you for your continued support which means the world to me.

With Love

Judith

Thanks for that, it does help to know what Judith actually said...lol

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/13/2015 millieshops said:

TKS, Bling.

I never became a Ripka silver fan, but I have noticed she's missing at all local haunts where I used to browse her gold collections. It'll be interesting to see where they turn up this year.

My pleasure Mille:

I really like Judith's jewelry, but I mainly order her rings. I don't care for cuffs at all because they just don't sit right on my wrist. I have a few of her flexible bracelets and love them. Her rings are my favorite. I'm also curious to see where her jewelry will be sold too. I hate to see this line go completely. Glad to see Judith is pushing on. Bless her heart.

Super Contributor

When she closed her store in Short Hills several years ago, she opened a boutique in Bernie Robbins Jewelry. I am thinking this will be a similar set up...she will have dedicated floor (case) space to her collection. In other words, it will not sit alongside other pieces, but stand alone in retail locations. Kind of like the way Yurman sits in Neimans now. My local jeweler does this same type of set up with Gabrielle jewelry. I haven't been by her NYC location in some time...is the smaller store now closed too? Finally, I noticed she did not do her sample sale this year. I miss those...bought many of my 18k pieces from those sales and the Woodbury outlets. I need more like I need a hole in the head, but I do love her jewelry!

Valued Contributor

Spoke with my JR2 contact today and she said that many times when a retailer has sold Ripka and then discontinued for some reason, they will be approached again at a later time.

With the information on Judith's fb page, this sounds like it might be the chance for some retailers to get back into the Ripka loop.

Sure hope many of them can work things out and again offer the JR2/Couture collections. Hoping for the best! Smiley Happy