Super Contributor

Judith Ripka's 14kt gold clad jewelry

Has anyone had any problems with Judith Ripka 14kt gold clad jewelry??.. I have many of her sterling Silver pieces, but I'm a bit concerned if the gold will turn.. I've purchased an expensive Morganite tennis bracelet from Chuck's NYCII collection on Evine & the Rose Gold tarnished to a brown color.. I'd kindly appreciate any input on Judith Ripka's clad jewelry ..Much Thanks!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka's 14kt gold clad jewelry

I have several of Judith's clad pieces......gold and rose.  Both of the colorways are gorgeous and true in tone.

Being hesitant on purchasing clad is understandable but do not fear. I have had no issues whatsoever with the clad color in quality or workmanship.

It is a great way to bring alternative colors of gold into the wardrobe. 

Super Contributor

Thank You; I truly appreciate ur input.. I'm thinking of ordering J325613

Esteemed Contributor

I have several pieces.  SOme I wear often and others not so much but I have had only one problem and that was the ice cube tennis bracelet snapping at one of the links.  NO issue with the color turning.

Super Contributor

Thank You!! .. I'm glad to hear that her gold clad jewelry maintained it color...

Esteemed Contributor

My jaw dropped - saw bracelet for (over) $500 for a fake diamond and tissue paper layer of gold......................WHAT?

(you gotta be nuts - never get that back from a gold/diamond dealer)

Esteemed Contributor

I had a piece of gold plated jewelry that turned coppery.  I polished it with my silver polishing cloth and it was perfect again!!

Esteemed Contributor

@classic wrote:

Has anyone had any problems with Judith Ripka 14kt gold clad jewelry??.. I have many of her sterling Silver pieces, but I'm a bit concerned if the gold will turn.. I've purchased an expensive Morganite tennis bracelet from Chuck's NYCII collection on Evine & the Rose Gold tarnished to a brown color.. I'd kindly appreciate any input on Judith Ripka's clad jewelry ..Much Thanks!!

Chuck's pieces are not "clad" or what you what call vermeil.  It's just gold over silver.  There is a huge difference in how this is done.  To be true vermeil (clad) it has to have a certain amount of gold adhered to the silver.  Evine does something called "embracing."  

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@colliegirls wrote:

I had a piece of gold plated jewelry that turned coppery.  I polished it with my silver polishing cloth and it was perfect again!!

That wasn't Judiths gold plated, was it?  I've never had one problem with Judiths clad and I have quite a few pieces.  

I like that J325-613 in Amy also. Smiley Wink

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Esteemed Contributor

@jenagal wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

That wasn't Judiths gold plated, was it?  I've never had one problem with Judiths clad and I have quite a few pieces.  

I like that J325-613 in Amy also. Smiley Wink

Judith's is likely true vermeil.  Will last a lot longer than just plating.

*Call Tyrone*