Honored Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka premiering on HSN in OCT

@pupwhipped wrote:

Well, that seems a bit odd. But maybe there's such a stock pile of her stuff they've got to try and unload some of it over there, too. Don't get me wrong, I have a ton of her designs and love most all of them...I have several watches I truly adore! But as of late, the prices are just too high and I no longer buy like I once did. I'm guessing I'm not the only one.   

@pupwhipped . No you certainly aren't the only one!  I bought a lot of Ripka in the past too but her prices and style just don't work for me anymore.  I have a few of her watches that I still wear often.

Honored Contributor

I agree that I think JR has run the course at QVC so I'm guessing they are going to try their luck with HSN.  She's not on QVC nearly as much as she used to be.

I've said a million times I totally see QVC and HSN merging into one network eventually.  It makes no sense to have 2 networks showing the same stuff. 

Valued Contributor

While,her jewelry, is not my style,I do like her watches,but not enough to purchase. Everyone has different styles and preferences, as individuals that should be respected.

Shopping channel are a business to make 💰.I believe Adam Freeman will probably be the  1st host for Rikpa jewelry or maybe it's a fashion show. Also I believe she will not be presenting on HSN.

Since both shopping channels are own by the same company except a lot of cross over venders.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

never purchased any of her jewelry....just not my style....

@nana59  Then I suppose you don't care that she'll be on HSN! Smiley Happy  LOL

correct....

Honored Contributor

@Barb114 wrote:

She has a residence in BocaRaton

@Barb114  Now I assume it becomes a business deduction since she needs to be in FL.

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie

It sounds like they think they are going to discover new customers by having things available at both of switching. Maybe they will find those 3 people who only shop one or the other place. 

It is annoying to me. Nothing good to report from both being owned by the same company. 

Respected Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I am sure she is not leaving QVC.  She spends a lot of time in Florida.

That is what I thought exactly! She is older now, time for Florida, but she can work there locally. Why not?

Respected Contributor

@newjerseygirl wrote:

I am curious about the items that will be on HSN.  Many of JR’s pieces have Diamonique and HSN pieces have Absolute.  It will be interesting to see what is presented.

@newjerseygirl  You're right, I never thought about that. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Recently I was watching a JR show and the rep (can't remembr her name) said that when Judith first came to QVC she only designed in unadorned silver or in gemstones. Her son, who is a jeweler, thought that Diamonique was the best CZ on the market and she was then convinced to start using it in her designs.

Since the line between QVC and HSN has been blurring for awhile, maybe Diamonique will start being sold on HSN.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@newjerseygirl wrote:

I am curious about the items that will be on HSN.  Many of JR’s pieces have Diamonique and HSN pieces have Absolute.  It will be interesting to see what is presented.

@newjerseygirl  You're right, I never thought about that. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Recently I was watching a JR show and the rep (can't remembr her name) said that when Judith first came to QVC she only designed in unadorned silver or in gemstones. Her son, who is a jeweler, thought that Diamonique was the best CZ on the market and she was then convinced to start using it in her designs.

Since the line between QVC and HSN has been blurring for awhile, maybe Diamonique will start being sold on HSN.

@lmt, that would be very interesting.  I rarely if ever see Absolute being sold anymore on HSN.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@newjerseygirl wrote:

@lmt, that would be very interesting.  I rarely if ever see Absolute being sold anymore on HSN.

@Lipstickdiva  Me either. I bought a ring with Absolute many, many years ago and returned it. IMO, it couldn't hold a candle to Diamonique.