Honored Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka premiering on HSN in OCT

So far it's been all one way;  QVC to HSN.  I'd like to see to Beekman sell here too and Iman.

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Oh qwap... If you thought QVC alone was redundant, just imagine what they can do with three channels of their own and two of HSN's... The repetition potential boggles the mind...

I know, right?  It will be like a proverbial Ground Hog's Day of TV shopping!

Even more than it already is!!! Smiley Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

My pillow will be on Sept 7th on HSN., too. 

Oh brother... Well, I guess we had to know that one was only going to be a matter of time... 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Oh qwap... If you thought QVC alone was redundant, just imagine what they can do with three channels of their own and two of HSN's... The repetition potential boggles the mind...

@stevieb: l can't see the sense in spreading out the same repetitive merchandise over 5 channels. Oversaturation to the max!

It doesn't take an MBA degree to figure out that consolidation might be the best business decision for the PTB at the parent company of the two networks.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

Oh brother... Well, I guess we had to know that one was only going to be a matter of time... 

@GSPgirl@stevieb:

IMG_0631.JPG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

@GSPgirl@stevieb:

IMG_0631.JPG

Yes.  The question will be if the vendors from HSN are coming to QVC. Cute emoji!

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Just saw this in their program guide.  If old news please disregard!

It looks like HSN let some of the really good vendors go to make way for vendors who are on QVC?   Wow.  I really liked Emma Skye and it looks like they are gone, Victoria Wieck, at least I can still order her pieces.  HSN had a lot of good Jewelry vendors and most are gone.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb: l can't see the sense in spreading out the same repetitive merchandise over 5 channels. Oversaturation to the max!

It doesn't take an MBA degree to figure out that consolidation might be the best business decision for the PTB at the parent company of the two networks.

I just don't get it @handygal2... Have they never heard of product saturation... 

Esteemed Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I like all of my Ripka Jewelry.  I still buy her stuff.  I am more selective now, but I still buy her jewelry.  I have had no issues with the jewelry turning etc.  All of it looks as good as the day I purchased.  Clearly QVC and HSN are merging.  Rick Domier always says that Judith Ripka is the most successful designer of all time on QVC.  I am sure Colleen Lopez will be the first person to work with her.

I agree.

Contributor

Reminds me of how Starbucks would put two or three stores on the same block. In business this is called "cannibalization."