Valued Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka and Lisa Robertson were magic

[ Edited ]

@hellodali wrote:

I have to agree that Judith always looked bored and felt the whole selling on tv was beneath her and her Madison Avenue jewelry.  But, of course, Judith probably just saw the dollar signs and soldiered on like the good vendor that she is. 

As far as LR and her worshipping the finer things and loving to be surrounded by money, I think she does and I find that to be so sad.  What a life she must not have to be so absorbed in material things. 

@hellodali, have you seen any of LR's chats on her FB page? Boy, does she ever look stressed and worn out. She tries to hide behind her endless filtered pictures but when she's live is when it really shows her fatigue in her overall appearance. LR cannot seem to worship the finer things in life anymore because her business seems to be just keeping herself afloat. Her offerings are anything but high-end. Everything is no name and just a mish-mash of products that she thinks will sell. It's kinda sad to see what LR became after Q. She never should have left because she did love to be surrounded by money and Q allowed her to live that kind of life. 

As for her & Judith, that pairing was so contrived. If they were true friends it seems awfully odd LR has mentioned nothing at all about lunching with Judith since she left Q (because LR posts about all outings she attends). Think that "magic duo" was for camera purposes only. 

Super Contributor

Pancho, you can’t have “I don’t mean to bash her” and “her hair is atrocious” in the same sentence. It’s a bash.

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Judith told Lisa on her last shows i adore u. What Judith adored was Lisas ability to make her the biggesr amount of money and just sell her hours out. Lisa and Judith were magic

Yeah ,,, so ?

Respected Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

I have to agree that Judith always looked bored and felt the whole selling on tv was beneath her and her Madison Avenue jewelry.  But, of course, Judith probably just saw the dollar signs and soldiered on like the good vendor that she is. 

As far as LR and her worshipping the finer things and loving to be surrounded by money, I think she does and I find that to be so sad.  What a life she must not have to be so absorbed in material things. 

@hellodali, have you seen any of LR's chats on her FB page? Boy, does she ever look stressed and worn out. She tries to hide behind her endless filtered pictures but when she's live is when it really shows her fatigue in her overall appearance. LR cannot seem to worship the finer things in life anymore because her business seems to be just keeping herself afloat. Her offerings are anything but high-end. Everything is no name and just a mish-mash of products that she thinks will sell. It's kinda sad to see what LR became after Q. She never should have left because she did love to be surrounded by money and Q allowed her to live that kind of life. 

As for her & Judith, that pairing was so contrived. If they were true friends it seems awfully odd LR has mentioned nothing at all about lunching with Judith since she left Q (because LR posts about all outings she attends). Think that "magic duo" was for camera purposes only. 

@iTaliaI'll be quite honest.  I have tried a few times to watch her sell her stuff and can't get through much of the beginning.  The "little giddy girl" act just doesn't work.  From time to time I do peruse her items and your description of it being a mish-mash is spot on.  Some of the items are so cheap looking and then she throws in a "exclusive for you from Italy" item.  It seems so pathetic.

And yes, LR is showing her years.  I'm not sure what she expected QVC to do for her.  They seemed to have put her on her own selling pedestal, but I guess it wasn't enough.  Who knows?  Maybe she started feeling threatened by some of the new hires.  Only LR knows why she left her position to sit on her sofa and/or terrace and sell stuff.

You would think if Ripka and her were true friends, Judith would throw a couple pieces of jewelry her way to sell.  It might lend a little credibility to LR's venture.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of Lynn as a host and I always thought JR seemed bored out of her mind when selling on QVC, even with LR. 

I also think the magical duo of LR and JR was for tv purposes only.  It doesn't seem like those 2 have anything to do with each other now that LR is gone from QVC.    

Valued Contributor

@iTalia I hope you didn't upset the OP's tummy.  I couldn't stand LR with her very limited vocabulary and her obsession with herself.  As for JR, I have a few of her older pieces, but consider what she has been presenting lately as extremely over-priced costume jewelry.  I highly doubt JR gives a second of her time thinking about  a former host of a shopping channel.

Respected Contributor

LR and JR certainly sold me a lot of jewelry!  Sadly, I prefer yellow gold now, so my silver items live in my jewelry box.

Respected Contributor

The 2 of them were a deadly combination on my pocketbook, that's for sure.  I love JR's jewelry and wear it daily.

I did notice that once Lisa was working on G.I.L.I. there seemed to be tension between the two of them.

New Contributor

I agree! I miss Lisa! She made everything look and feel glamour. I bought a lot of Rikpa pieces while she was presenting... and B. Mckowski bags Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I think Judith always seemed to be more at ease with Antanella. I know I didn't spell her name right. She seems to get along well with every vendor. When Judith had a show with Antanella, again wrong spelling of her name, they both laughed and had fun.

I do like most of Judith's designs but her real gold pieces are very expensive. I've been lucky enough to find a few gold pieces that were in the as is catagory. I like them because they're not only pretty but they have weight to them whether they're gold or silver.