Honored Contributor

I have had such a time getting a battery in my J R watch!  They only last a week or two!  I had to send it into the company to see if the insides are having a problem.

I also have another J R watch that I would had to send off!

WHAT is the issue here???  Reputable jewelry stores can't seem get a battery in these watches!!!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG.  Something must be wrong with the watch to cause it to drain the battery.  I wouldn't get high hopes for getting it fixed.  How many times has this happened?  Have you tried batteries from different places?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG.  Something must be wrong with the watch to cause it to drain the battery.  I wouldn't get high hopes for getting it fixed.  How many times has this happened?  Have you tried batteries from different places?

@Kachina624 

My origonal  3 year old battery died.  Kay jewelers has put in 2 and tested 3 (the last one today).  I'm buying a better watch.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG.  As a last resort, if you have one of those generic battery stores where they sell batteries for everything, you might try them.  They have such a turnover, their batteries are very fresh.  They do change watch batteries. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG.  As a last resort, if you have one of those generic battery stores where they sell batteries for everything, you might try them.  They have such a turnover, their batteries are very fresh.  They do change watch batteries. 

@Kachina624 

I did with the last one, then I bought a new one.  I am done with Ripka watches. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ECBG   As I said, I don't think they're very good quality.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   If you are able, pull out the little piece that you use to set the time after you wear it, if its a watch that you don't wear often.  Then when you decide to wear it, just set the time again and it will extend the life of the battery.

I have A LOT of watches and would get the batteries changed in 8 watches at a time, since I would rotate the watch depending on what I was wearing that day.  Now they just sit in the jewelry box since I use a fitbit.  Smiley Sad

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2.  Any true watchmaker will tell you not to do this as it allows moisture and dust to enter the works of the watch.  I recently had a bunch of batteries changed and got a big lecture from the watchmaker even though I've always known better.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka Watches

[ Edited ]

If you are switching from Ripka, try Ecclissi (either on QVC or, my choice, EBay).  These are very dependable, beautiful and don't "eat" batteries.