Trusted Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka TSV bracelet now on clearance! Not happy that I paid 50.00 more!

@pinksugargirl , the TSV price is typically 20% off the QVC price, which means it's only a little bit less than the Featured Price.  The Ripka byzantine bracelet TSV price was only 15% off the QVC price.  No way was I going to purchase it at that price.

With Ripka, I *never* purchase it at the TSV price because I know that if I'm patient and wait six months, it'll be at a clearance price.  Plus, you know that they make a zillion of the TSV's so there's a pretty good chance that there will be enough left in inventory for them to offer it at a clearance price.  This happened with the Ripka interchangeable pearl necklace, the clearance price was less than half the TSV price.  They were practically giving those necklaces away at the end just to move them out of inventory.

Respected Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka TSV bracelet now on clearance! Not happy that I paid 50.00 more!

In general,

I do buy at the TSV price sometimes.  I do it if I really, really love it and know that it will be worn, used, etc. many times to justfy its purchase and I don't want someone's else's "rental."  Or perhaps it's a truly limited edition and might not have an opportuntiy later on.

Other than that, I have learned to be patient. (I have been burned, too.)

As for Ripka pieces, other posters are correct about changing TSV terms and the number of items available.

Valued Contributor

Bought two rings in December and now they on clearance for $20 off and this is just 2 months later. Could have saved $40 if I had waited.

Respected Contributor

I did not purchase this bracelet, but if I remember correctly it totally sold out at the TSV price.  I took a look at the reviews.  They were not terrible, in fact most were good.  I think the issue was the fit.  Sometime in the last couple of years Ripka has made her bracelets smaller.  I had always purchased small, but now I purchase average.  It started with the turquoise bangle that I ordered in small and it was tight.  I sent back, but later when it went on clearance I purchased the average.  The average now fits like the small used to.

Frequent Contributor

As with anything that is new, eventually an item goes on sale.  The TSV is usually a brand new item (especially if it is fashion or jewelry) and then it can be offered as a Featured Price Item, with or without easy pays.  It can be regular priced and become a One Time Only, which reduces the price.  When it is older stock or a discontinued item, it goes to Clearance or AS IS if it is returned or used on air.  LAST CLICKS is also an option before it goes to the Outlets.

The bargain hunter can wait until the price is agreeable to the pocketbook.  Of course the risk there is that the item may not be available in the color or size you need!

As far as that bracelet, just as other things in Judith Ripka's line, the prices are very high.  Perhaps the customers lack of jumping on the item at the higher price necessitated the reduction because the Q was "stuck" with so many of that particular TSV. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ever since she sold her company her quality has gone down the tubes.  I ordered a 200 dollar heart shape blue topaz ring and there was no under gallergy that she always puts on previoiusly in her rings when she owned the company and the silver felt like a ring made out of a tin can.  Back it went for a return.  Won't order anymore of her rings again.  They're over priced and not made well and has no weight to them anymore..  Not worth it.  

Super Contributor

I agree with @BlingQueen022 on the quality. I have a few older pieces, and they are so well made, and the detail and finishing are perfect. The newer pieces are not refined looking at all. The workmanship is not there. Night and day. Not to mention the prices have become ridiculous. 

I took a chance and bought the rolling bracelet on clearance. I have wanted it forever and this was my last chance at $170. Still overpriced. It looks pretty good, except the jump ring on the clasp is finished very poorly. The bracelet is a little lighter in weight than I expected, but overall I like it. 

Honored Contributor

This watch? Really unappealing. Design looks cheap.
Honored Contributor

Omy!!! That explains why the quality isn't there.
Thank you. Thought it was me. So Sad!!!! 😔